Critique Lone beach hut overlooking the Isle of Wight

Is it a snowflake in a blizzard?

If not I cant see it.

I can't see anything either..... It seems so many are having issues lately

Ho, there, well composed, horizon straight. Nice detail in the grass.

Looks a tad flat to me. Try boosting contrast, add a bit more colour. I did a quick edit on Snapseed and worked for me.

Wonder of you had waited a. Omens longer if the yachts would have sailed out if the frame for a more minimal photograph.

Cheers.

I'd have gone for a more minimal look with this. Sometimes it's not about what to include in a shot but what to leave out if you knw what I mean? I'd have lost the 2 prominent yachts and the headland. You say time wasn't on your side but a simple step or three to the left may have lost you the RH yacht.

I think there is still a nicer shot to be had from this, going for a tighter crop to lose a chunk of sky, a bit of foreground and the headland. The RH yacht is easily cloned.

I like the colour palette so I wouldn't play about to much but have a look at levels and curves and see what you think.

Where is this??

I'd have gone for a more minimal look with this. Sometimes it's not about what to include in a shot but what to leave out if you knw what I mean? I'd have lost the 2 prominent yachts and the headland. You say time wasn't on your side but a simple step or three to the left may have lost you the RH yacht.

I think there is still a nicer shot to be had from this, going for a tighter crop to lose a chunk of sky, a bit of foreground and the headland. The RH yacht is easily cloned.

I like the colour palette so I wouldn't play about to much but have a look at levels and curves and see what you think.

Need to properly edit it soon as that's pretty much how it was when I took it

Personally being a person that loves B&W, I reckon a Contrast boost and convert to B&W and darken the sky would like quite nice...
I have tried a B&w edit of this before but didn't save it. Might give that a go later

Back