Lone Tree Long Exposure - Colour version added

personally I think there's just a tad too much sky but other than it's a great shot and the wind and clouds over the exposure time add great interest and work well

I like it a lot and I bet it could look glorious in colour on a beautiful summer day.

I like this, very nice. Given me some inspiration to try something myself. thanks for sharing and inspiring :)

I don't think there's too much sky....I really like it as it is.

Like the colour version too, my thinking was a full growth summer setting but I think it works well as it is, the sky is more appealing in the colour and IMO the more pronounced shadow to the tree enhances the sense of isolation ... two very nice images, whichever your preference.

Amazing how the colour changes the feel of an image, one foreboding and one calm. Like them both. Would look good blown up and hung next to each other a few inches apart

I keep coming back to look at this one. I like it very much (black and white still my favourite)

Once again, im over whelmed with all your kind comments (y)

Its taken me over a year to find a lone tree and a hill that is accessible without having to clamber through a farmers field without the threat of a shot gun up me back side :LOL: Also living in the flattest country in the country doesnt help :bonk:

Last edited:
Seems more are starting to go for the colour. Personally I'm for the mono as the sky is more appealing. Thanks for your comments (y)

Back