Lone Trees

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of critique of these please, how best to improve them. I'm contemplating shopping the chimney from the landscape one.

One thing to note, I ballsed up. I was taking the shots with gloves on and accidentally nudged the ISO to 800 without noticing. Luckily due to the type of shot noise reduction hasn't impacted so they are now noise free.

tree_sil-2.jpg

tree_sil1.jpg

I prefer #1.The sun poking through the tree is sweet particularly with the star burst. I love the long shadow coming straight towards the camera - it's almost meancing.
Personally I wouldn't crop the chimney - it puts it into context into its surroundings. But if you are seeking a generic tree/snow pic then clone it out.
I prefer the composition in #1.

I prefer #1.The sun poking through the tree is sweet particularly with the star burst. I love the long shadow coming straight towards the camera - it's almost meancing.
Personally I wouldn't crop the chimney - it puts it into context into its surroundings. But if you are seeking a generic tree/snow pic then clone it out.
I prefer the composition in #1.

I'm not after anything in particular other than a nice shot and I see what you mean about balance. It might look a bit sterile without the chimney.

I've got this tree properly isolated from the other side with no background so that's not th goal here.

Is that on chevet lane that james? I look at that tree all the time thinkin it might make a nice pic.

No 2 for me.
The tree itself though is a fairly standard shape,I prefer to look for something a bit different shape wise. You were probably stuck with just that one.

I cannot help wondering though, if you had moved back & had the whole tree shadow as well. Would that have made a better shot?

Is that on chevet lane that james? I look at that tree all the time thinkin it might make a nice pic.

One off (I think). It's the road up to Old Royston from the Oliver Twist which I think is Notton Lane. Could be wrong though. I'd forgotten about these, posted them at last years snowfall, I went back and took more, couple of them are on my flickr (not actually the same tree, there are two lone trees in that field)

4993251398_78cac6036a_b.jpg

and

4993252782_bd484294f6_b.jpg

Yep,i know were ya mean.

Number 2 from this year's set is a real stunner.
Love the sun shining through and the moody triple shadow.
Nice contrast with the couple of urban elements like the plane and the pylons in the background too.
The PP on the whole works well with it, but personally I'd like to see the effect toned down on the sky.

Back