Lonely derelict barn in Derbyshire at sunset

I think this is a nice image and I think the location has potential. I would bump the contrast, crop a little off the bottom and run the sharpen tool over the building itself. That post is very annoying though, may I suggest a chainsaw next time or the clone tool on this one.

It's a really lovely sky.

Last edited:
I think this is a nice image and I think the location has potential. I would bump the contrast, crop a little off the bottom and run the sharpen tool over the building itself. That post is very annoying though, may I suggest a chainsaw next time on the clone tool on this one.

It's a really lovely sky.
:agree:

image xyz by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

needs some tlc and then you may have a more dynamic feel to the shot
its all there but some is subdued
time to 'cheat'..:D..and you can see i have taken that to the absolute extreme...but the data is there to do something with
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Eyed this up a few times so set out and gave it a go with a sunset this evening.
View attachment 74900
Love this

But

:agree:

image xyz by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

needs some tlc and then you may have a more dynamic feel to the shot
its all there but some is subdued
time to 'cheat'..:D..and you can see i have taken that to the absolute extreme...but the data is there to do something with
cheers
geof

I'd buy this.

Well captured amazing colour, good composition.

Love this

But

I'd buy this.

Well captured amazing colour, good composition.

its just my edit you know...unfortunately i didnt take that shot

I know just saying it looks better for the adjustments

well thanks Emma..i dont think the author may be too chuffed as i put a lot of pp on it and never even said what i had done
sometimes i go overboard but it had so much potential i just had to see it to the end
cheers
geof

Nice one, I like that (y)

well thanks Emma..i dont think the author may be too chuffed as i put a lot of pp on it and never even said what i had done
sometimes i go overboard but it had so much potential i just had to see it to the end
cheers
geof

Hey okay

Hi all, sorry for not being on here to reply.

Thanks for all the comments and the edit mrtoad, although to me that does seem over processed but maybe that's just a personal thing, however I do believe the barn and grass could be pushed more and I had removed the pole then decided to leave it, i was wrong there! :)

Hi Andy. I think this works really well. You've managed to catch some lovely colour in the sky.

Where about is it btw?

Thanks.

It is near Pikehall in Derbyshire.

For me the WB looks strange, pink/blue skies but no similar tones in the foreground.
Hi Neil, not really sure what to say about that, it was a really nice strong sunset, plus its a multiple exposure blended so maybe that effected it a little?

Thanks
Andy

I think the answer lies between the two images.
As stated, the data is there, it just needs fine-tuning a little (for me), to make the lovely original 'pop'

I think the answer lies between the two images.
As stated, the data is there, it just needs fine-tuning a little (for me), to make the lovely original 'pop'

Completely agree. The first image is technically all there but a little flat looking. The second image is a bit turned up to 11 for my liking but shows the potential. I just had a little 30 second play with the original on lightroom and even just shifting the black and white points a smidgen and boosting the clarity a little makes a huge difference and gives it a little punch.

But anyway, top marks for being in a great location at the right time. You've done the hard bit!

Back