Lonely Hilltop

Edit My Images
Yes
Not had much luck out with my camera recently as it seem to rain every time I go into the Peaks (or anywhere!) I took this shot back in mid february on a windswept day. Think I prefer it in B&W personally :)

230208_1r.jpg

C + C welcome :)

NICE!(y)

Dark and moody. How I like B&W.

Good image and well done IMHO.

Would like to see the colour version though.(y)

I looked in at this one earlier but never commented. After a second look I am sure that highlight on the top-left is just too distracting. There is also a lot of mid grey which gives the impression of lack of contrast - a levels tweak could help there. Compositionally I would say it was spot on. (y)

Did you set it to black and white on your camera or did you change it later with photoshop?

I looked in at this one earlier but never commented. After a second look I am sure that highlight on the top-left is just too distracting. There is also a lot of mid grey which gives the impression of lack of contrast - a levels tweak could help there. Compositionally I would say it was spot on. (y)

I would agree with this. Whilst a few things could be altered slightly, the composition is spot on and that is the main thing. Nice work!

NICE!(y)

Dark and moody. How I like B&W.

Good image and well done IMHO.

Would like to see the colour version though.(y)

Here it is. I think its not as nice as the B&W though.

230208_1rc.jpg

After a second look I am sure that highlight on the top-left is just too distracting. There is also a lot of mid grey which gives the impression of lack of contrast - a levels tweak could help there.

Yeah I see your point. I tried to reduce the washout in that corner and darken it a little but I couldn't work out how to do it without making the whole shot darker (I'm not that good with Photoshop yet ;). I did increase the contrast but that seemed to bring out the top left corner more.

Did you set it to black and white on your camera or did you change it later with photoshop?

Shot in colour RAW format and then changed to B&W in Photoshop. I discovered early on (with my limited experience) that Photoshop seems to do a better job of converting it than my camera.

Is this the road that goes next to Stanage edge? If it is then every time I manage to get there I have trouble parking the car on the verge as it is always full......

Certainly is JPS (y). Well spotted :LOL:. On this day there was a forty mph wind blowing so there weren't many people about. Also I have the advantage (maybe :shrug:) of working shifts so while everyone else is tucked up in bed im at work normally - the benefit being that I can get to these sorts of places on midweek afternoons when there's not another soul about ;). Ringinglow Road, Sheffield FYI...

I was there back on 10th February - that weekend the weather was glorious. I managed to get a spot to park but it was a tight squeeze. Took a walk up to the trig point on Stanage and some of the photos are on my website. I did go via Ringinglow too. It's a part of the peaks that I go to quite a few times a year.

I particularly like that part of the Peaks. Its only 5 minutes drive from my house so I get up there whenever the weather's moody. Big dark clouds with a bit of sunshine! :LOL:

Back