Lonely Walk

Edit My Images
Yes
20071123144157_lonely.jpg

Does this work?

I've tweaked the contrast, run a high pass sharpen and desaturated the green channel just a touch to take the edge off the grass.

She looked really lonely walking through the trees.

She looks lovely probably missing that cute cub the zoo are hand rearing.

Not sure about the colour of the grass though, looks fake somehow. Think I'd crop a little off the top as well, perhaps to the top of the wall.

MHO

Thank you :)

The grass looks better than it did, but as you say, it still doesn't look right does it. I think you might be right about the crop, I shall give it a try shortly :D

I think she is wondering why it was sucha miserable day, cold and wet.
As for the cub, she wasnt bothered about it before hence she is not with it, if it had been left to her it would have been dead and not the cute bundle of fur it is.
As for the picture, I like it, but like suggested I think it would stand a crop but the lioness and the floor is good and does make her look like the lonesome creatures they are sometimes.

Howdiddle.

I see what youve tried to do here, and with your explanation, I think it works.
BUt had you not provided the description of loneliness, I don't think thats the impression I would have got.

I think the main problem I have with the image if Im being picky is that the branches on the right are fighting for my attention and are too prominent IMO.

Next time, ask her to step to the left a little while you recompose...bloomin inconsiderate animals arent they? :D

Well done Matt for getting a shot of her moving, always lay down eating or sleeping when i go up. Agree with above, a tighter crop would work better . Hope you had a good day (y)

Forgot to say, you sure Sue didn't take this? ;)

Forgot to say, you sure Sue didn't take this? ;)

I'm flattered that you think its that good :p

Thanks for all the comments, I agree with the branches on the right, they're actually in the foreground too which makes them worse ;(

Back