Long distance Redshank

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
One from last week at Upton.....he was just working his way nearer and the twitchers decided to leave ....slamming the hide flaps down and banging the door as they went....HE WENT TOO !!.....some people have no manners...lol

Keith (y)
REDSHANK_filteredalow.jpg

One from last week at Upton.....he was just working his way nearer and the twitchers decided to leave ....slamming the hide flaps down and banging the door as they went....HE WENT TOO !!.....some people have no manners...lol

Why were they twitchers, what was there?

Last edited:
Why were they twitchers, what was there?

Hi Chris.......In this case twitchers means " non-photographic,list ticking,bird watchers".
We have had "tensions" with "us and them" over the last year.

There were Green Sandpipers on the day, I think they had come to look for them.

Thanks
Keith (y)

Hi Keith now thats a first someone being louder than you,I cant quite believe it:LOL:nice shot by the way,and no starting a war between the twitchers and us toggers:LOL:

What ever can she mean.......Me noisy ...never...lol

Toggers / twitchers...FIGHT.

Keith :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :nuts: :naughty:

I know how frustrating that is. I had my camera pointing into a hedgerow to get some Long Tailed Tits that were squabbling in a group. It was obvious to all and sundry that I was lining up for a shot when a couple 'just out for a stroll' come bounding past with their dog, laughing and joking. LTT's took off like a shot. I know reserves etc are for everyone, and don't want to appear one sided, but as you say some manners and respect for others goes a long way.:bat:

That's a great capture! Looks as if he's going to foxtrot!

Hi Chris.......In this case twitchers means " non-photographic,list ticking,bird watchers".
We have had "tensions" with "us and them" over the last year.

There were Green Sandpipers on the day, I think they had come to look for them.

So, not twitchers at all then.
Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks everyone.........

My comments were a bit tongue in cheek....KAZ will confirm I don't take anything seriously....BUt I wonder what shot I would have got if he had come closer.This is a life-time best as it is.

TWITCHERS.......They were just local ones that tick |EVERYTHING off in their books.

Keith (y)

That's a great pose and far better than my lifetime best Redshank

Back