Long Exposure Coastal Sunset

Name
Steve Gordon
Edit My Images
No
Last week I took a another visit to Birling Gap for more sunset photography. I tried some new angles as the sun set which I've yet to work on, but wanted to put up a couple of longer exposure shots taken about 10-15 minutes after the sunset.

I used two ND filters to block as much light as possible (although it did produce a nasty colour cast). Unfortunately I hadn't realised my shutter release wasn't working properly and it kept closing the shutter only half way into the long exposure (by the end of the shoot I was aiming for around 3 minutes) and a lot of the shots came out underexposed.

PSG0903A1-0170F.jpg

PSG0903A1-0163F.jpg

Like the first, not feeling the second so much, but the first is good!

Mart.

2 Cracking shots, 1 just pips it for me, but would be happy with either.

both of them are gorgeous, really like the colours you achieved, also really like the milky misty water. Great (y)

excellent shots! id have number two hanging up on my wall.

Lovely colors. #1 is great, #2 doesn't do much for me due to the shortened foreground.

Very well captured, what filters did you use and what cast did they produce? i seem to get a puple cast on mine using hitech filters,

Like all 3 :). Not sure I have the patience for these shots :(

I used Lee filters, I had used cokin which give a colour cast. Which may be why one make claim Neutral density grad, and the other grey grad, as the later isn't so neutral.

No.1's a cracker.

What strength ND filters did you use together ?

All very nice indeed(y)

Back