Long exposure on a pushbike

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Having been inspired by other creative long exposure shots on here, I decided to have a go at something a little different this evening.

Plenty of room for improvement but for a first attempt i think it works quite well.

This was taken whilst riding the cycle lane on the promenade with the pedestrian section and the sea to the left with the road to the right.

Finding a suitable way to fasten a dslr to myself and then try ride a pushbike with as little movement as possible (except forwards obviously!) was in itself a challenge.

After a dozen attempts in the bitterly cold wind, this was the best result:

dsc0017np.jpg

Shot at 2012-02-05

I think it works well too Asha. I like the creative thinking behind this, definitely something worth pursuing. Traffic in both directions would have really made this to fill the gap on your right hand side. Iain

I think it works well too Asha. I like the creative thinking behind this, definitely something worth pursuing. Traffic in both directions would have really made this to fill the gap on your right hand side. Iain

Thank Iain, (y)
Agreed better traffic trails could make for a super shot.
As a first attempt I had to find somewhere reasonably safe and easy to ride as I had no idea if the strapping of the camera to my chest using gaffa tape was actually going to work :eek:and besides the prom is only 5 mins away from my home so worked perfect given how darned cold it is at the moment!
I will be looking at improving on it though(y)

:LOL: I bet you were a sight and half

Great creative shot though :)

:LOL: Yeah I got some wierd looks from people wondering what i was up to!:D I was down there with my mrs ( god bless her suffering the cold!) to help me strap a gripped D80 with a sigma 10-20 lens to my chest with gaffa tape. Shutter fired with IR remote in my hand after gaining some speed so I could coast and hopefully keep up/down movement to a minimum ....not so easy when the cycle route doesn't have a particulary smooth surface:puke:

:LOL: Yeah I got some wierd looks from people wondering what i was up to!:D I was down there with my mrs ( god bless her suffering the cold!) to help me strap a gripped D80 with a sigma 10-20 lens to my chest with gaffa tape. Shutter fired with IR remote in my hand after gaining some speed so I could coast and hopefully keep up/down movement to a minimum ....not so easy when the cycle route doesn't have a particulary smooth surface:puke:

Ahahh, she must be dedicated to you to go out and help ;)

I think I would die of embarrassment if I was to do something like that :p

Ahahh, she must be dedicated to you to go out and help ;)

I think I would die of embarrassment if I was to do something like that :p

It's a contractual agreement when a lady enters a relationship with a photographer that she has to assist in his every photographic need!!!:D :D :D

Embarrassment....Nah! ....Maybe a little when I was younger. Lived too long and experienced too much to give a damn what others think of my behaviour now. So long as I'm not hurting anyone, that's all that matters. besides it's good fun behaving like a "yung un" at 43 years old!:D :D

It's a contractual agreement when a lady enters a relationship with a photographer that she has to assist in his every photographic need!!!:D :D :D

Embarrassment....Nah! ....Maybe a little when I was younger. Lived too long and experienced too much to give a damn what others think of my behaviour now. So long as I'm not hurting anyone, that's all that matters. besides it's good fun behaving like a "yung un" at 43 years old!:D :D

Ahahh, I'll have to bear that in mind :p I might try and talk my GF into coming on a 'walk' tomorrow ;)

I don't care what people think of me when I'm in a group but when I'm on my own I get nervous as hell for some reason :LOL:

Works well (y) I really like it, you can see there is room for development of this idea and I think that's what first attempts are all about (y) I think that there are lot's of ways that you can go with this one (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Works well (y) I really like it, you can see there is room for development of this idea and I think that's what first attempts are all about (y) I think that there are lot's of ways that you can go with this one (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Cheers Matt,
Looks like I need to get stocked up on gaffa tape then:D :D
I had a feeling it would be your cup of tea....I'm pleased you like it.(y)
As you say there is plenty of scope with this idea.....I've got so many ideas that I want to get on with, I don't know what to try first!:thinking:

Back