Long Exposure on Lytham Beach

Edit My Images
No
This was my first attempt at off camera flash.
The flash was just out of shot on the left and left the shutter open for 25 secs to gather some ambient light.

Let me know what you think.

Boats_on_the_beach_800x600_.jpg

Doesn't really do it for me, and looks OoF.

I like the colours, but not enough interest for me I'm afraid. :)

The picture above is 56 kb and jpeg compression has taken all the detail. The linked picture is 256kb.

Based on the better version I'd say it almost works. Think it would have been better in the nearly dark than completely dark as it appears to be. The flash is a bit strong and the picture could still be sharper. Was it a sturdy tripod on a good surface?

Hi Shooting in raw does take up max space on your chosen media, but its so much easier to abapt it in any way you choose.
Taking photos today is not about the one shot it seems expected to be manipulated in some way.

Try it you will not go wrong, I always use RAW and Jpeg on each shot

Keep up the good work

Cheers

I'm not to sure why it looks so out of focus on here, its fine on http://pivotalimages.jalbum.net/Lytham/slides/Boats on Lytham beach.html In terms of there not being much interest I composed it with the intention of using as a front cover shot for a college project (night time photos) so I intentionally left the sky clear for a title.

Well, I've looked at the larger image, and read your comments above, and that changes my position a lot. The larger pic is much more crisp and detailed. And I think with some nice typography the image could be really nicely balanced and it'll work well for it's intended purpose.

Back