Long exposure Portencross Pier

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from this thread, heres one of this mornings images.

Its a 61 second exposure using the HiTech 10 stop ND. All the usual problems were there. Loads of small bits of flare and a slight Magenta cast on the right. I thought it was worth fixing though...:)

This is Portencross Pier in rather more favourable light than Dejavu's post

original.jpg

Like the feel of this pic. The movement in the clouds actually makes me feel i'm getting dragged into the pic

Absolutley fantastic!

Like the feel of this pic. The movement in the clouds actually makes me feel i'm getting dragged into the pic

It does have that kind of hypnotic feel to it. The Tokina 11-16 just helps to accentuate it along with the long exposure

Absolutley fantastic!

Thanks.

Wow impressive shot great composition , the clouds are really nice and very effective

It's the first time that I have been here and there's been nobody fishing from this pier, so I thought I would take my chance while I could:)

Good shot Robert, and yes, much better light than I had when imaging on top of the pier.
On saying that, I was very pleased with my other images taken below the pier which I think worked out much better in the dreary light conditions as opposed to shooting above it.

I do like long exposure stuff, especially when its like this, well done, good pic

Good shot Robert, and yes, much better light than I had when imaging on top of the pier.
On saying that, I was very pleased with my other images taken below the pier which I think worked out much better in the dreary light conditions as opposed to shooting above it.

Yes, your images taken beside the pier worked well and would have looked good in mono.

Great shot, has a real feel of movement in it.

Thanks Dave, thats exactly the effect I was after:)

i realy like it very impressive

Thanks

I do like long exposure stuff, especially when its like this, well done, good pic

Thanks. Its easy to get something good as long as the cloud formations look interesting and the filter doesnt make too much of a mess of the image.

Back