Long Exposure Remote That Connects Via Bluetooth To Canon R5

Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,
Does anyone in the UK know of a piece of equipment for shooting long exposures, that connects via bluetooth to a Canon R5?
I've got a wired one but it's not always easy to plug in, so looking for a wireless alternative if something is about?
T.I.A.

I think you can do it from the canon app on your phone. I've never tried it myself but I'm sure I've read that in the app description.

I think you can do it from the canon app on your phone. I've never tried it myself but I'm sure I've read that in the app description.
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately not. There is an option for it, but it states that it's only for certain cameras (not naming them) but the on/off toggle is off and no option to turn on

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately not. There is an option for it, but it states that it's only for certain cameras (not naming them) but the on/off toggle is off and no option to turn on
You absolutely can trigger the shutter from the app on a R5. It's not the most elegant solution but it does work.

Anyway, a very quick google search

or

Last edited:
You absolutely can trigger the shutter from the app on a R5. It's not the most elegant solution but it does work.

Anyway, a very quick google search

or

What I mean is that you cannot 'trigger' it to go beyond the 30s capabilities of the camera itself I cannot see any way on the app, to carry out long exposures, unless you know a way or have do so on an R5?

Thanks also for adding the two links. Unfortunately, they won't work on long exposures either, as far as I can see

What I mean is that you cannot 'trigger' it to go beyond the 30s capabilities of the camera itself I cannot see any way on the app, to carry out long exposures, unless you know a way or have do so on an R5?

You can use BULB mode with the app or the remotes linked or the R5 has a bulb timer feature where you can set the exposure time you want, even over 30 seconds

Last edited:
Back