long exposure using welding glass

Did you do anything else to it? There seem to be fairly distracting halos round the solid objects. Apart from that I like it.

I like the composition, but I have to agree about the halo-ing....it makes the wind turbines almost glow...odd effect.

I'd give it a little re-jig :)

Hi, thanks for the comments. Here is the first black and white conversion before i played with the colour casts. But still will have a jig with this.
clacton4 by woody174, on Flickr

I think I prefer the b/w. I know I had problems restoring the color in a few welding glass shots I took, it may be that its having to push a bit too far with the processing?

How long did that gull on the end of the groyne stay still for? ;)

Stu

I'm with Stu, I prefer it in mono, the colours are just a little unreal.

The BW is much better than the original post.
The horizon dips very slightly to the right till though.

Yer getting there!

Thanks for all the comments really helped. The seagull never moved the whole time! Silly question but can anybody tell me how to adjust horizons as seems one of my main issues. Probably really easy I know! Thanks again

Am using elements 10. But can't seem to get to grips with the straightening it uses.

Can't help you with that. Its very simple in GIMP and Lightroom but looks overly complicated in elements.

id say the halo's look like a bad HDR but being a slow shutter speed the turbines would be spinning giving the effect of a halo but also there is a halo effect round the pillars
Ive not tried my welding glass out yet so don't know a lot about this type of photography :)

Back