Long Exposure

I use a 6 stop more often and quite like the ease. 1 second is a minute and divide or multiply from there. Photopills has a great calculator that is also very good for setting up high iso test shots and making the comparison of a base level shot with a 10 stop. That lets you get a good feel for the shot at high iso and then translate that so you get as good an exposure as possible.

I use a 6 stop more often and quite like the ease. 1 second is a minute and divide or multiply from there. Photopills has a great calculator that is also very good for setting up high iso test shots and making the comparison of a base level shot with a 10 stop. That lets you get a good feel for the shot at high iso and then translate that so you get as good an exposure as possible.

Thanks for your contribution. I read that it's a good idea to carry the, or at least some ,timings on a card as well in case you're somewhere that can't get a signal to access the app.

I've watched a Photophil Youtube..he speaks very quickly and, of course, with the strong foreign accent..a bit difficult to follow..lol.

You don't need a signal to use the app just a charged phone.

Write a list of equivalent shutter speeds on the foam of the filter box. A felt tip pen will write on the hard foam, have it so it is visible through the case from the outside.
Write your own list on a piece of card the size of a bank card and keep it with you in your bag, or in with the filter if it doesn't have its own box. Why does everyone need to have an electronic version of everything. It is just overcomplicating matters. It doesn't matter what ISO you are on, all you need is the sliding scale of shutter speed that is 10 stops down, or 6 stops down or whatever, and you don't need them all, just the half dozen or say 10 across the range that you will use.

Last edited:
Back