Long exposures Nikon F60

Name
Tom Waterfall
Edit My Images
Yes
hey everyone :p
I want to do long exposures using the bulb setting on my Nikon F60 to capture light and star trails and stuff, ive done this hundreds of time using my digital camera as I have a digital remote shutter release which means I can lock the shutter down for hours.
However, there is no mechanical or digital shutter release for the Nikon f60, so do any of you have any suggestions on a method to lock the shutter down for as long as I want to capture star trails? e.g using tape or something?
I am going to use my film camera as it is much less energy consuming and the batteries last much longer compared to digital
Thanks, Tom :)

Well, you're gonna hit the Reciprocity wall... where with film the longer you expose, the longer you need to expose... does the camera not have the T setting for one press open, one closed? Pretty sure it has...

Ah... from Wiki...

"[Nikon F60] Notable inclusions are the 'T' Time setting - where a first press of the shutter release opens the shutter, and a second closes it..."

No problem - good luck with the sky pics. It'll be the top hat trick... cover lens with hat (or similar, not touching it) hit shutter once, wait for camera to stop st vitus dance, remove hat. At the end, erplace hat over lens, hit shutter second time. No fuzzies (y)

Last edited:
Back