Long octabox alternative?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I use Newer umbrella octaboxes with Niton flashes for my OCF needs and am happy with the results. I'd now like if possible to get a long narrow version to give me a different lighting effect. Does anyone know what options I have?

Tia,
Mike

I use these Pixapro easy open ones... decent quality, a manageable and useful size and as easy as pie to set up. Other sizes are available, and they also do some curved ones that continue to tempt me!

Last edited:
Can u link to the Niton flash? What mount does it have?

Sorry for the confusing typo - I'm using Nikon Speedlight's.

Lencarta do seem to offer an option that may well be ideal

Speedlights don't fill large softboxes or stripboxes well due to the fact they're designed to fire light in a fixed forward pattern.
You can have a go - but it wouldn't surprise me if the hotspot became frustrating.

Speedlights don't fill large softboxes or stripboxes well due to the fact they're designed to fire light in a fixed forward pattern.
You can have a go - but it wouldn't surprise me if the hotspot became frustrating.
You're right, but this one does work pretty well, at 91cm long it's at about the upper limit for a flashgun softbox, but the quality of the diffusers is a big help.

Back