Long shot - Epson P7000 and Baryta papers

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got an Epson P7000 that I don't use much, and use Permajet papers. I've got their FB Pearl 300 paper that I've used before, however their old paper settings sheet doesn't show it - I always referred to the online version.

It appears that they've changed the online version to show the FB Pearl 300 with a printer paper setting on Baryta for printers with more than 7 inks. Only the P7000 doesn't have a Baryta option - and that's after doing a firmware update. I can't for the life of me remember what the old setting would have been.

It's a long shot, but does anyone know??? Or know what standard paper I should set? the <6 ink setting is Premium Semi-Gloss, which is what I've chosen, but if there is a better setting I'd rather use that!

(Would have called Permajet if they were open, and wanted to print this weekend - hence asking here)

Heh, it's a longshot :)

I would imagine Premium Semi-Gloss would be fine unless you have a Lustre option? Just checked mine (P900) and I have a Baryta setting as well as the other ones. On my old 4800 there was no Baryta option and I went semi-gloss all the time, but I think it was either that or Matt or Gloss so it wasn't a tough decision.

Without ringing them up (and I suspect they will give you an answer without knowing) I'd run a test print of all the options to see which looks best. Not ideal if you've got a limited supply of paper, but probably the only true way to do it.

Sorry I couldn't help more :) Good luck!

Thanks @Harlequin565 - it was a better answer than I expected! :D I'd swear it didn't used to be baryta on the reference sheet and that's why I thought I'd do a firmware update! But alas no. Obviously the printer is getting old :(

Will give the premium semi gloss a shot - it's a "domestic" print job anyway so can live with a bit of variability as I test!

I'd cut down a couple of sheets to 6x4 and do test prints using any pre-set profiles then adjust if I felt it necessary. I'd also ask a non photographer which they thought was the nicest result and if they thought it needed any tweaking!

Back