Long Tailed Tit (Juvenile) Cuteness Alert

Edit My Images
Yes
Well the good news for the lovers of these gorgeous little birds is that there were loads of youngsters about this morning, all out and about in the trees learning to locate their own dinner. However they were still calling for mum and dad to feed them.

I know the last two are obscured by leaves but I thought it added to the overall cuteness value of the shot, not an easy thing with such a cute bundle to start with.

190_018.jpg

190_019.jpg

190_015.jpg

190_016.jpg

All very good Martyn, the leaves don`t spoil them for me, but I do prefer some habitat in bird shots anyway........(y)

All very good Martyn, the leaves don`t spoil them for me, but I do prefer some habitat in bird shots anyway........(y)

I agree about the clutter - it adds a sense of scale and distance to the photo, rather than the normal branch-bird-background approach.

I thought the framing of the leaf around the birds face and eye made number 3, added an element of extra cuteness and cheeky to the shot.

Last edited:
Great set, I rarely ever see LTTs let alone their offspring.

You didn't warn that they were that cute Martyn :clap::clap::clap:

All settings work for me - not keen on clinically clean bg myself.

You didn't warn that they were that cute Martyn :clap::clap::clap:

Tom ... I think you will find I did put a cuteness warning in the title.

Oh yes...Very cute. Did you get quite close as i find juvenile LTT's really tame

That was a slight crop using a 500mm, they were further away to start with, I simply stood still and they worked their way along the hedgerow towards me, they were not too bothered about me being there.

The LTT's are beautiful birds at best, but these little ones add the aaahhhh factor. Great captures, they're spot on and look good just as they are in their natural suroundings (y)

cracking shots martyn, what lens as this as is so sharp, also what metering mode do you use for birds.

Scott .... 500mm f4 AF-S II (often referred to as the Lightweight ... yeah right :wacky: ) that was without a TC.

I always use spot metering, this was 1/500 @ f6.3, although I rarely dial in any ev adjustment, I actually used -0.7EV on these as I knew that I ran the risk of blowing the highlights with the low bright sun lighting them up like a spot light.

Brilliant shots Martyn and absolutely cute(y) Disappointed this year not getting any LTT in the garden at all. And by the way i arrived back from Devon a grand worse of thanks to you:D Picked up the 300mm F4 plus 1.4 while i was down there, cant wait to get out and have a play:D

Very Cute - nice captures (y)

Never seen the young ones before, can't believe how cute they are :love:
No.3 just has something about it, love the way it's peering from behind the leaves

Stunning shots again. What you charge for a lesson Martin ;) A bit despondent with my last attempts, work and DIY at the moment don't help either.
Steve.

First class set Martyn I am also happy with the habitat leaves and all, adds a better feel to the pics and sets some of these cuties up more composition wise I think....(y)

John

Lovely shots Martyn, I like the leaves in there too. Haven't spotted any offspring from our family that was flying around, I need to look a bit harder I think!

Great set Martyn, love that look in #3 :LOL:

Back