Long Tailed Tit

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
My first posted image...

IMG_3959.JPG

I have only just started trying to get photos of birds, and can see this isn't really sharp enough.

I think I was using the 'fast' mode on my 300D (the guy sprinting).

Hi Herb! I'm no expert but that is a great attempt at a lovely subject! These things are so small and fast they are a pain, very difficult to get absolutely spot on!

One of my favourite birds, but very difficult to get an image of! Love the way he is out in the open - a great composition

Hi Herb! I'm no expert but that is a great attempt at a lovely subject! These things are so small and fast they are a pain, very difficult to get absolutely spot on!

Lovely shot :)

One of my favourite birds, but very difficult to get an image of! Love the way he is out in the open - a great composition

Cheers for that! The photo was taken at my local nature reserve, where I also saw this little fella.

IMG_3935.JPG

Very nice first post, will warn you though little birdys are adictive :LOL:, the LTT is a very fast/skittish critta, so you did well catching it.

Great pose Herb :clap: and good DOF, like you say its a pity, but hey!! any consulation I have thrown a shed load of shots away as I suspect many others have. Keep them coming in :)

I did have a few more shots, but I think the first post was probably the best one. I'll be doing some reading up before the weekend on how to set the camera up manually rather than using the auto settings - so any advice welcome!

I have the Canon 300D, and the Canon 75-300mm f4-5.8 lens (non IS version).

I'm not sure how much better I can get with the kit I have, but my plans for the summer mean that a new lens will have to wait until the winter!

These are the other shots.

IMG_3951.JPG

IMG_3957.JPG

IMG_3965.JPG

IMG_3885.JPG

Doing a good job mate, I was struggling with birds and these pics are certainly better than my early attempts, I just couldnt get a decent shot. I've just upgraded to an IS lens so hopefully mine will improve. (y)

Back