Long Tailled Tit & Blue Tit

Name
Willie
Edit My Images
Yes
Handheld on murky wet day 1000 iso 1/250 f4 @ 300mm cropped
5421828455_d1756a758e_z.jpg

Crackin' detail on the LTT!

Blue tit on the right looks a bit oversharpened to my untrained eye with the white 'rim'

I agree with Ken here Willie, and prefer shots of birds not on the feeder. Looks as if there are plenty of perches in the trees that the birds would land on before coming on to the feeder, and you have two good lens that are quite capable of picking them out amongst the branches.

Regards: Gordon

I was trying out the 300mm f4 I have just purchased hand held, I will have to do some pruning around the feeder as lots of twigs get in the way if photographing them perched on branches.
Going to try it with 1.4 extender on tripod in nicer weather and if results are good sell my 500mm F4 IS as too expensive to keep as an ornament. :)

Willie again I agree with Ken above. I have the 500mm f/4 and think it is a dream lens. I know it is a bit on the heavy side, and I always use a tripod with mine which is another item to carry. If you are seriously into birding I think that you may regret selling it, as I always feel that bit of extra reach is always welcome, and the shots it is capable of producing are well renown.

regards: Gordon

Back