Long time coming....Terry and Julie (My first wedding!)

Name
Damien
Edit My Images
Yes
It's been a long journey, but I finally shot my first wedding as the main photographer last Saturday. I genuinely enjoyed it, but it's bloody hard work!! :eek:

Julie and Terry were a wonderful couple to work for.....really relaxed and just let me get on with my thing. I understand some of the processing won't be to everyones taste, but the couple told me they'd like lots of different styles (to quote them "not all the same cos' that's boring"), so that's what they'll get! ;)

Huge thanks goes to Zack (Fleaz) who helped me out through the entire day, he was an absolute star!! :clap: And if anyone needs an assistant, send him a PM! (y)

Anyway, here's half a dozen....

IMG_9863-3a.jpg

IMG_9815-3a.jpg

IMG_9791-2a.jpg

Manual focusing in complete darkness on this one! Oooo get me: "Mr Fancypants"! :LOL:
IMG_9758a.jpg

IMG_9610-2a.jpg

IMG_9511b.jpg

Please feel free to rip me a new ******** on these....I ain't scared of C+C as long as it's constructive.....and people of all abilities and experience are welcome to comment!! (y)

Other than some skin smoothing that needs doing on number 5, I think you've done a great job here.

No2 is bloody fantastic! Edgey and different!

Superb work on the set - stylish work that man (y)

Congratulations mate. One down, several more to come judging by these. I love the processing in number 2 and the compositions in 1,2 and 3 are great. To be really harsh (as your Jedi Master) I would like to see more images with the couple in. Weddings are all about people after all.

These are honestly great. I'd just like to see a fee more with the newly weds in :)

ahhhhhhhh..... bag oh shyte the lot of em........ now if you had borrowed my pentax with a macro lens............... :LOL: ....... seriously.........

Very good......... must be daunting as a lead togger for first time around, especially after all the threads on here regarding amateurs doing weddings and bridezilla's expecting David Bailey results for £50 cash etc..........

Now for a bit of crit, and only because

a) i can
b) i am going to
c) never been in the same situation myself (yet.............:naughty:)
d) see b)

2) i kind of like the processing but wouldnt work on all the pics and looking at this pic I expect to see a swarthy eastern european with dark hair / olive skin that has spent too much time in the sun.............. on it's own t works fine but I would not say 2 and 4 are the same guy.......... though obviously they are!

3) pretty much nailed...... good use of DOF and lighting.......... I honestly wish we had a "ring" shot of our wedding day.............

5) Love the composition, and how you have got round the front instead of the classic "in the mirror" shot.... looks a tad sharp between the absolute contrast of her chin / background......... (however they will love it when printed!)

6) again, spot on.......

As a first as a lead togger, pretty much a (y)(y)(y) - get Zack to add some candids!

and sorry I crashed on your bouncy slide......... :p

Last edited:
Other than some skin smoothing that needs doing on number 5, I think you've done a great job here.

Thanks Dave! Really appreciate it!! :D

No2 is bloody fantastic! Edgey and different!

Superb work on the set - stylish work that man

Thanks Matt! I um'd and ah'd about the processing on number 2, but in the end I thought "What the hell....!!" and left it in! (y)

Well done mate, i think you've done a top job being your first wedding! :D

I'll get there one day!

Thank you Vishal! :) Practice, practice, practice, patience, and then some more practice.....is the best advice I can give!! (y) Thanks again for commenting, very kind of you!!

Some excellent work there M8.

Thank you Mr Groove! :D Much appreciated!! (y)

Congratulations mate. One down, several more to come judging by these. I love the processing in number 2 and the compositions in 1,2 and 3 are great. To be really harsh (as your Jedi Master) I would like to see more images with the couple in. Weddings are all about people after all.

These are honestly great. I'd just like to see a fee more with the newly weds in

Thanks Yoda! :D I'll post some more of the bride and groom soon-ish.....I just wanted to show a few different processing styles for now, and I also limited myself to half a dozen photos to start with....

I'm quite excited about completing my first wedding and had to stop myself posting 200-300 photos just to show everyone that I'd actually done it.....regardless of whether the results were good or not! :LOL:

Thanks again Ryan, it means a lot!

PS: I'll now get on with re-editing Karen and Ians.....promise!! ;)

ahhhhhhhh..... bag oh shyte the lot of em........ now if you had borrowed my pentax with a macro lens....... seriously.........

Nobody cares what you have to say Lynton.....and I'd appreciate it if you kept your comments to yourself!! :razz:

PS: Can I still borrow your flashgun on Saturday??!

for a first wedding, WELL DONE!

Thank you Adam, I really appreciate you taking the time comment!! (y)

Absolutely great set Damien!

Number 2 is superb! Great editing, and (y) for having the balls to try something a little different!

You definitly full-filled they're brief of "not all the same cos' that's boring"!

That is a job, well jobbed! ;)

I'm really liking these - the processing is a nice change from what the usual wedding shots posted on the forum (not that there's anything wrong with teh usual shots).

The fact that this was your first wedding, you should feel very proud of these!

Do you have any more that you want to share with us?

Absolutely great set Damien!

Number 2 is superb! Great editing, and (y) for having the balls to try something a little different!

You definitly full-filled they're brief of "not all the same cos' that's boring"!

That is a job, well jobbed! ;)

Cheers Toby! (y) Got to deliver these to the couple tomorrow.....two words: "Bricking it!!"

I'm really liking these - the processing is a nice change from what the usual wedding shots posted on the forum (not that there's anything wrong with teh usual shots).

The fact that this was your first wedding, you should feel very proud of these!

Do you have any more that you want to share with us?

On the whole, I'm very happy with the finished photos....I made a few errors on the day, but nothing too drastic, and I'm fairly pleased with how smooth it went!

Got two further bookings off the back of it....so I must of done something right!! (y)

Also, I'll stick a couple more up in a minute or two....but I'm on my laptop atm so don't have many from the wedding to choose from!! :shake:

Again, I like the style of the second set that you posted, although maybe the first of them is a little too dark.
Anyway, I'm sure that the happy couple are going to be more than happy with them.
DONT WORRY!!!!

Again, I like the style of the second set that you posted, although maybe the first of them is a little too dark.
Anyway, I'm sure that the happy couple are going to be more than happy with them.
DONT WORRY!!!!

Thank you Gary! (y)

Sooooooo! How'd it go then? ;)

The second in the last set is great! (y)

Thanks Toby! :) The couple loved them and have since recommended me to their niece and her husband-to-be who are getting married next year....no better compliment in my book than a word of mouth recommendation!! (y)

Thanks Toby! :) The couple loved them and have since recommended me to their niece and her husband-to-be who are getting married next year....no better compliment in my book than a word of mouth recommendation!! (y)

Anytime! ;)

Ah very nice!! :clap:

Brilliant shots mate. I like they way you have captured some special moments.

Classic first wedding syndrome of cropping too tightly, but not a bad effort. Your processing is a bit OTT on shot 2 - if you put shot 4 next to shot 2 does it look like it's from the same wedding, or even the same photographer? Aim for a more consistent style and try and shoot some wider stuff too to give context to your images.

some brilliant shots for your first wedding ... well done.
Love #2 from you 1 set

Nice shots. Particularly 2,3 and 6

Only thing with number 1 is that the shadows on top left makes her look like she has a hairy back. (about couple inches down from top on left hand side.)

Fantastic images - amazing for your first wedding!

Thanks Steve! (y)

Brilliant shots mate. I like they way you have captured some special moments.

Cheers Tony! :D

Classic first wedding syndrome of cropping too tightly, but not a bad effort. Your processing is a bit OTT on shot 2 - if you put shot 4 next to shot 2 does it look like it's from the same wedding, or even the same photographer? Aim for a more consistent style and try and shoot some wider stuff too to give context to your images.

Thanks for your comments.....all duly noted for next time!!! (y)

some brilliant shots for your first wedding ... well done.
Love #2 from you 1 set

Thank you Raj, very kind of you! :D

Nice shots. Particularly 2,3 and 6

Only thing with number 1 is that the shadows on top left makes her look like she has a hairy back. (about couple inches down from top on left hand side.)

Cheers Justin, that's not something I'd noticed.....bit late now though!! :bonk: Thanks again!! :)

Excellent for your 1st wedding and you have captured some really tender moments.

Thank you Jen, really appreciate it! (y)

Number 8 is absolutely stunning!

Thanks Sophie, the bride and groom loved that one!! :D

Back