Longest Police response time ever ??

Name
Rikki
Edit My Images
Yes
I've copied an email I recieved yesterday from Cheshire Constabulary, responding to an incident I informed them about on the 18th July last year......

I've included the header from the email and coloured the whole thing blue for some reason.... :wacky:

Re : Your E-mail Posted 18/07/2007 20:17:34‏
From: *****.birch@cheshire.pnn.police.uk on behalf of ********.west.cat@cheshire.pnn.police.uk
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
Sent: 26 March 2008 14:55:21
Reply-to: *******_West_CAT@cheshire.pnn.police.uk
To: rik******@hotmail.com

This is an automated response. Thank you for contacting the Warrington West CAT It is Cheshire Constabulary policy to respond to you within 48 hours. This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. Please notify the sender if received in error. Internet email is not to be treated as a secure means of communication. Cheshire Constabulary monitors all Internet and email activity and requires it is used for official communications only. Thank you for your co-operation.

WELL DONE OUR LADS IN BLUE !! :clap:

I believe this is the correct response:

epic_fail.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
well if their computers take that length of time to respond
when will they actually send a person address the problem? 2010:shrug:

Oh heck I think I might be going to have a problem next year, better Email them now so they will be there when I need them :D.

Thats gotta be worth going to the tabloids with :LOL:

Even here in Africa we do it quicker:LOL:

Hell, a good percentage of times we actually SOLVE the crime quicker than that

Hell, a good percentage of times we actually SOLVE the crime quicker than that

Solve? Crime? Sorry Anton those two words do not actually go together over here :D

Solve? Crime? Sorry Anton those two words do not actually go together over here :D

And if they do, some twisted old bugger of a judge just says 'dont do it again sonny - it was only high jinx now here you go off for an adventure holiday':shake::shake::shake:

Amazing that they can get a speeding ticket out to you so fast though eh?

Oh sorry I forgot, they make money out of those!

Yes, I think next time theres a serious disturbance in the street, I'll just email and say,

"Theres a normal person in the street doing 2 mph over the limit"

They'd be here in a shot wouldn't they...

I was once lucky enough to have a car stolen, Cheshire police did their very best to bring me justice.

Instead they

A. gave me the smashed up car back....thanks, that was a nice gesture
B. repeatedly got the registration of the car wrong
C. wrote to me informing me they had caught the theif of a totally different car.

They really are a class act, only bettered by the antics of royal mail and city link in the incompetant stakes.

I once had my car stolen. I rang 999 (even though I was unsure whether this was the right thing to do....first time for me).

Spoke to the officer and his words were "Here's your crime reference number....There's no point in sending an officer out as, er, there's nothing left there to see *snigger*" (Yes he sniggered).
As an 18 yr old having his first car stolen it was quite a distressing experience, thanks for the support!.

On a similar theme, ^^ My dad once had a bicycle stolen from his garage. It was obviously the morning before he noticed as it was taken in the middle of the night.. anyway, he put his shoes on and made the 15 minute walk to the local police station to report the crime.

The response ?

"You cant report crimes here sir"

I kid you not !! Crimes apparantly have to be reported at the Warrington depot which is in town as apose to the surrounding villages....

So there you go, you can no longer report crimes at a police station.

And if you do, it'll take them about 8 months to do nothing about it..

They do something about it, they snigger down the phone

some kids round here are riding round on mini motos,I haven't bothered calling the cops because I know it will be a waste of time, even if they do come out they're under instruction not to chase them if they ride off.

I just wonder at the idiocy of the parents, letting a 10 year old ride a petrol engined motorcycle in the dark with no protective gear on at all, when he gets flattened by a car they'll be on the front page of the paper crying my boy my boy

Back