Longleat

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a rather long day at Longleat yesterday and I think I'm finally getting to grips with this photography malarkey.

A tad underwhelmed with the 'adventure park' section as I have seen better but the safari was by far the best I have done and have managed to get some of my best shots.

Tiger:
Longleat Tiger by Forsyth1987, on Flickr

Giraffe:
Longleat Giraffe by Forsyth1987, on Flickr

Lion Feet for a bit of B&W and abstract:
Lion Feet by Forsyth1987, on Flickr

Not the best shot, but the happiest camel I have ever seen:
Happy Camel With a Droopy Hump by Forsyth1987, on Flickr

On the way home we also ant to Stonehenge, after managing to convince the other half that Stonehenge wasn't in Norfolk like they were adamant it was :thinking:.
Obviously this is an animal thread but if you want to see my stonehenge photos, they are on Flikr.

Thanks. Just had a look at your photos of Longleat amongst other things and i am taken aback at how good yours are. You now have another follower!

--Edit--
I also see you have a photo of the happiest camel in the world as well :)

The thing about this zoo malarkey. is to try and "miss" the background,
to make the shots look as natural as possible.
Its not always possible, I know :)

Also you seem to have slightly over saturated the animals in the processing.

Having said that, its a nice set, just keep having fun (y)

Hmmmm. All I did was use the colour vibrancy tool to make the colours more bright in editing. I wonder if that made them look over saturated.

Thanks for the comments though, as it means I can have a play when I get in tonight to see if I can make them look less saturated.

Hmmmm. All I did was use the colour vibrancy tool to make the colours more bright in editing. I wonder if that made them look over saturated.
That'll do it every time ;)
Levels or Shadows/ highlights or exposure/contrast.
Will give a more natural look.

Nice. Still got a lot to learn I see :D thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Will have a play later with your suggestions to see what I can do. Thx

No problem. :)
If you are using one of the Adobe (CS) programmes that has the "Match colour" tool,
that's also good for brightening things up and "balancing" the colours. (y)

(If you don't know where it is, image>Adjustments and its near the bottom)

Last edited:
As you have edit ticked,
Two minutes with shadows highlights,
apply an orange photo filter to lose the (most of the) blue,
and a little USM (Sharpen) before saving for web
What do you think?

View attachment 11004

Back