Look deep inside ...

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
the PC, no deeper... the hard drive...take off the cover...

I've had this drive lurking for ages, whilst trying to find a suitable torx bit to crack it open with. Finally last night...

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4519-Version2.jpg

IMG_4520-Version2.jpg

IMG_4537-Version2.jpg

I've had this drive lurking for ages, whilst trying to find a suitable torx bit to crack it open with. Finally last night...

All shot with the 55-250 and the Raynox DCR250... indoors (so no breeze) and no bits that moved on their own (like small living things do).

Excellent photos John, I ripped few up a little while ago when I was going to dump them so thought I needed to destroy the platters first and found them to be great photogenic structures. I love them shot (y)

Cheers guys.

Chris, go for it...

Alby, I thought they might look good, which is why it sat for quite a few months in the garage whilst I hunted out the correct size torx bit to get the lid off without damaging the guts. It's actually still there, with the lid back on... I have some other ideas to try out...

Ohhh that brings back memories! I used to work in Seagate Limavady years ago where they manufactured the individual "disks" that eventually ended up in the drives. Nice photographs there, looked like a perfect subject for a B&W! Very abstract indeed

Cheers guys. Interesting Conor, bet that was an intriguing place to work

... Must rip up a drive myself!
And when you're done you'll have some very stong little magnets and a travel mirror!

the PC, no deeper... the hard drive...take off the cover...

I've had this drive lurking for ages, whilst trying to find a suitable torx bit to crack it open with. Finally last night ... All shot with the 55-250 and the Raynox DCR250... indoors (so no breeze) and no bits that moved on their own (like small living things do).
Nice shots, Patrick.

Cheers Bob

Back