Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
:cautious:

I took this shot yesterday..:shrug:...don't ask me why. :(

Zoomed in for a look at the man and dog...and, Oh, the dogs got no head. I thought it was just turned away at first, but then, the lead seems to disapear into thin air also..??...:thinking: :wacky: :nuts:

Seriously, can anyone explain this...it’s as if my RAW image has been edited...?

Totally untouched shot....straight of the card. Large image.

dogheadzoom.jpg

You can almost see some sort of dog head shape... blinkin weird.

What do you recon? :cautious:

The original shot.
dogheadlarge.jpg

Looks to be cloned out to me:)

LOL. I don't see any evidence of cloning. The dog's whole stance indicates his head is turned away, I don't think there's any mystery there at all. The only thing which looks remotely suspicious is the lead. ;)

Taking FB's word for things though, are we jumping to conclusions that it is a lead, not something else? :)

Just upload it.

I was joking BTW, although in all honesty I cannot think of any way a single expsoure could lose detail while maintaining the background, unless its an optical trick. If anyone can explain it though I'd say this would be a good place to find them :)

Two explanations...

It's a mark on the pavement behind the guy.

The most probable though is that the dog is off the lead and the lead is swinging in the guy's hand as he walks. FB has caught the lead just in the right position to cause this strange look.

No twilight zone here FB. :D

CT said:
The most probable though is that the dog is off the lead and the lead is swinging in the guy's hand as he walks. FB has caught the lead just in the right position to cause this strange look.

It sounds the most sensible explanation - I certainly cant offer anything better, just one of those freak coincidences, unless you just got the first capture of an undiscovered breed;)

CT said:
Two explanations...

It's a mark on the pavement behind the guy.

But, but....theirs no shadow... :(

;)

A conspiracist...heee, would say that the lead should be curved due to the higher velocity at the end of the length, which, in taking longer to change direction each time the swing changes, causes the lead to curve; the straight lead in this image is more likely to be showing the lead being held taught.

Raw NEF here....Not sure if that works.

I guess it could be a riding crop or something. :naughty:

It isn't a lead. If you look carefully you can see there's a slight upward arc. Probably a stick or something.

The position of the dog's left paw also suggests that its head is turned away. you can also tell that the dog is standing still because of the way its back legs are in the same position. If it was walking, its right back leg would be forward as per the left front leg.

The guy is clearly walking, the dog is not. Says to me that they aren't attached by a lead.

Call me Poirot. :wave:

:D Inspector, one has to point out that I was just looking at the empty building, when a man walking his dog entered the frame; I took this shot at that very instance. (That is fact)
I guess the dog could have stopped whilst the mirror was up....:shrug:

There are a lot of coincidences for one picture eh. A walking man, a standing dog, with head turned away, and a stick that looks like a lead....all at that moment when I press the shutter.

Good fun finding the answers though. :LOL: (y)

Many thanks to the TPF forensics team.

OR!!!!!

Maybe that guy has been standing there in a 'walking' pose for years, with a headless stuffed dog behind him and a stick that looks like a lead, waiting for somebody - you - to take a picture and go "LIEK OMG WTF?!".

Personally, I think my original theory was better. ;)

The boring answer is that the dog has turned its head and the lead goes from leather strap to chain (which I think you can see).
Or they could be space aliens trying to blend in.

There is no chain - except on one of my Fleetwood Mac cds :exit:

It is some sort of brown stick or cane in the guys hand, and the dog has turned away from the camera.

Alan Woodford

gojira said:
There is no chain - except on one of my Fleetwood Mac cds :exit:

Reminds me of the days when Formula 1 racing was done by the BBC and was actually worth watching with Murray Walkers commentary.

(sorry totally OT - as always;))

It looks like the lead does have a chain on it on my screen and the dog has simply turned it's head to check something out.

Great timing for the shot,

I have a shot which has the worlds largest airliner parked on the roof of the factory where it's wings were built :)

Simple ... high head wind blowing loose lead (not fixed to dog !) and dog has head turned right ... coincidence is all ! IMO - ;)

No conspiracy theories please ... going to see Da Vinci Code tomorrow ! :thinking:

GfK said:
OR!!!!!

Maybe that guy has been standing there in a 'walking' pose for years, with a headless stuffed dog behind him and a stick that looks like a lead, waiting for somebody - you - to take a picture and go "LIEK OMG WTF?!".

That’s just plain silly...

Who’s going to go to all that trouble of stuffing a dog, only to leave the head off?

Keep it real GfK. ;)

Venomator said:
No conspiracy theories please ... going to see Da Vinci Code tomorrow ! :thinking:

:D

You can’t have a conspiracy based on a story book; it has to be based on known facts. ;)

I'm off to see it tomorrow too. Apparently according to media critiques...it’s a disappointment....Unfortunately, being film mad, I'll have to decide for myself. :LOL:

It's a choke-chain on the lead, that's why it appears invisible in this light. The dog's head is turned away.

I agree.......the dogs head is turned away. And it
s either a check chain (they dont call them "choke" these days - political correctness and all that ****) but I think it may be a leather lead with a metal clip on and the guy is swinging it and we have just caught it as it swings back behind him.

Back