Look what I made...

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
There have been a few threads about other hobbies and mine is woodwork.

Taken me ages as I always seem to get distracted but here is my latest 'project' - a sideboard! < click for lots of work in progress pictures thrown into a web page :)

sid43.jpg

Looks nice, very nice indeedy.

I'm impressed. That's some skill and care taken making that lot.

Very well made Robert, looks lovely :clap:

looks like a serious project there
There seems to be a reflection in the left door
is the wood highly polished?

It is a full gloss finish. Might recoat it satin. Wanted a tough finish so it is polyurethane. Satin polyurethanes seemed to dry patchy so I went for gloss. Could overcoat it with acrylic satin now if we find the gloss too bright.

looked at the web site
fascinating project
would have made an episode in one of the woodwork channels
there's a channel in Boston did nothing but, back in the 70s
your work looks well up to their standard!

Blimey Robert :eek: I knew you were into woodwork but I didn't realise you were THAT good! I'm very impressed, looks like a lot of skill, patience and effort have gone into making a lovely piece of furniture :clap:

Very nice indeed, beechwood is it?

How long did it take you?

Very nice Robert but I think it's too big - you've covered up the mains socket on the right hand side :D

VERY nice indeed! (y)

...any chance of a wardrobe? :p

Very nice Robert but I think it's too big - you've covered up the mains socket on the right hand side :D

Someone else noticed that too :(

And yes it is made from Beech.

The bowl was turned on my wood lathe from a square blank of Walnut. My most ambitious turned item so far - wood turning is something else I'm still learning.

If I had really stuck at it I could have done the sideboard in about 2 or 3 weeks. As it was it took err well all summer really :)

It is so shiny you can see all the tools you've hidden out of frame in the reflection!!! :LOL:

The bowl was turned on my wood lathe from a square blank of Walnut. My most ambitious turned item so far - wood turning is something else I'm still learning.

Turned from both sides :clap: , must have been nerve racking whem you did the 2nd side

Wow that's really something Robert! You did a marvelous job ;)

The reflection in the far left door is distracting.

nice sideboard though (y)

Blimey thats a nice piece of cabinet making, you can tell its well done because all the doors are hung perfectly looking at the shot, It also looks very nicely polished going by the reflection.

(y):clap:(y)

Wow - and you say that's just a hobby!

That is quite a skill you've got there, well done! :clap:

Super job Robert, you must be well chuffed with the result.

Back