Look what the cat dragged in - ID needed.

33L

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

Did my good deed for the day, however frutile it may be....

i was on the laptop watch a bit of tv and the cat comes in with this little bird.
Proceeded to chase the cat and the bird and finally seperated them. Got the bird looked it over nothing seems broken, chirping away, it was quite freindly too and let me touch him with out causing too much fuss.
Called RSPCA as didnt know what best to do next. They advised to first kill the cat (only kidding but she is not in my good books), seriously lock cat away - the small bird would have just left the nest and usually on the ground with the mother feeding it in situ. The guy advised look for other juveniles or a mother loitering. That wasn't easy but did notice that there was a bird always coming back and perching on a fence and screaming it head off, the markings were similar. it was 2 doors down, went to thier gardend, explained let the bird go and it started chirping and went on its way..

I feel great, my cat is locked up but have a feeling another will take it. Apparently they have a better chance of survival than been taken in by the RSPCA

heres the lucky Juvenile

img5047.jpg

you may be right,
went on to rspb website looked up the juvenile picture and could possibly be it and the adult calls are what i hear a lot of.

I agree it does look like a young house sparrow......its a nice feeling when you do something good.

I am just glad i did the right thing, i had to leave about 2 hrs later and had to let the cat out so she didnt mess in the house, hope it got a 2nd chance to life.

Back