Looking after video mem cards (gopro)

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
So last week the last in the series of saved videos stuck on a frame about half way through the file... sound carried on OK but not video..

I tried again and happened again

I put the mem card in the PC did a full format... tried again and worked OK

I normally just format in the gopro itself...

Looks like formattting on PC is better? or just coincidence?

Should i be formatting in PC regular or throw away the card and start new?

PS card is reccomended sandisk exreme. microsd A2 64gb 160/60

You are usually best formatting in the camera but if problems develop doing it in the computer followed by in the camera when you put it back in might help.
It's probably worth getting another and keep the existing one more backup in case you forgot to put it in or something.

You are usually best formatting in the camera but if problems develop doing it in the computer followed by in the camera when you put it back in might help.
It's probably worth getting another and keep the existing one more backup in case you forgot to put it in or something.

I would have thought the in camera/gopro would know what it was doing better... but two formats and two errors using the gopro.... but then formatting wiht PC it worked great...

So we think maybe better safe than sorry and change the card? yeagh i was thinking that but thought ask on here see if I am missing somehting :)

Back