Looking for a camera .....

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Im new to the site, but was recommended by a friend. I am currently looking to purchase a canon EOS 5D. Im not sure on whether i would like mk1 or mk2 but definate want a 5D. I have been looking at various places and it seems that new the 5D mk2 is around £1699 however with a lens included it goes up to nearly 2500. It is an EF lens but this doesnt really mean alot to me (lens get me really confused lol). It doesnt quite seem right ? does anyone suggest any other places i should look for cameras and lenses which may be slightly cheaper ??

My reasons behind a 5d is that i want to get into photography professionally and dont see the point in outlaying for an amuater camera to only have to upgrade later. But still lenses are another world to me so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks alot
Ash

the trollometer reads high...

buy a 5D mk 1, it's a very capable camera ;)

A 5D?

Surely if the op is serious about being a professional photographer he should get something like a Hasselblad multishot system? :)

A 5D?

Surely if the op is serious about being a professional photographer he should get something like a Hasselblad multishot system? :)

pfft, not enough megapixels, try more this and maybe a few briese lights? should be good enough for some kid's portraits...

OP, though the probability that you are a troll as bored as I am is exceptionally high, if you are genuine, I apologise, and reccomend that you shoot with what you've got, no reason for someone new to photography to be buying a 5Dmk2.... buy a second hand camera on the marketplace here, you'll lose nothing in resale. Also, professional photography isn't some magical goldmine way out of the recession like you may have (very very incorrectly) got into your head.

Hmmm.

I see your point about the mp count and the Phase will be adequate for a family snap or two but with the multishot I think you'll see the carpet weave.

Ah, but why not both the blad and the phase1.

Should cover most situations surely and provide backup just in case one breaks!

Back