Looking for a good quality octobox for home use

Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend a good quality octobox for my flashes that I can also access from the back without pulling any covers back? for use in the home so cant be to big in size.

for my flashes that I can also access from the back without pulling any covers back?

I have no idea what this means :thinking:

What kind of flash are you using?

And when you say ‘good quality’ are you just looking for something that won’t break the first time you use it, or are you looking for a premium branded product?

My first ports of call would be
Lencarta
Essential photo
Bessel

Bessel customer service is excellent. Also, when I last bought softboxes around 2 years ago, not only was it cheaper than lencarta but they included the grid for the front in the price. I have one 130x30 (approx) from Lencarta and one from Bessel - they are both very good quality and other than branding, are hard to tell apart. Happy to recommend either company.

I am using Canon 600EX ii RT, I have checked out those websites and like the Bessel softboxes

I am using Canon 600EX ii RT, I have checked out those websites and like the Bessel softboxes
You’ll be looking at a Godox S Mount bracket, but you shouldn’t need access to your speedlight once mounted, as it’s fully programmable remotely.

BUT, there’s a sensible limit to using a speedlight in a softbox, you need to be aware of hotspots and getting edge to edge coverage, remember your speedlight has a focus / zoom head built in

You’ll be looking at a Godox S Mount bracket, but you shouldn’t need access to your speedlight once mounted, as it’s fully programmable remotely.

BUT, there’s a sensible limit to using a speedlight in a softbox, you need to be aware of hotspots and getting edge to edge coverage, remember your speedlight has a focus / zoom head built in

Godox S-type mounting bracket. You can gain a little extra brightness by covering the bits of black plastic and blocking gaps around the flash gun with a small piece of white card cut to shape https://www.amazon.co.uk/Godox-Bowe...34722859&sr=8-3&keywords=godox+s-type+bracket

You can attach any Bowens/S-type softbox to that, preferably one with double-diffusers. Zooming the head to the widest setting (without the wide-panel) will maximise brightness and reduce the hot-spot. Should be fine with anything up to 80-90cm. You may be marginal on power from the 600EX-RT so anything you can do to improve efficiency is worthwhile and at the least it'll reduce recycle times.

Check out Phot-R softboxes on Amazon, for the price they make some great ones very sturdy and good material for around £25-£35

Back