Looking for a location for a photography day....

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

As title really.
I'm trying to get some decent landscape type shots under my belt and am struggling for a location and I wondered if any of you fellow togs had any suggestions?

I'm in the midlands and don't mind a run out in the car. Have heard good things about the Dovedales, and Padley Gorge as being good spots??

What i'm after is a place with babbling brook type water (want to try out my new filters) and some 'interesting scenery', be it, trees or hills etc (if that makes any sense?!)
If there's a lake (or expanse of water) thrown into the mix too, then that would be great.

I find myself all too often, going out to places and coming back with so-so pictures of grass and uninteresting trees, so there needs to be a good focal interest if possible.

Any thoughts anybody??

Thanks in advance. (y)

Last edited:
Head for Padley. You'll get your babbling brook and the immediate area up towards Owler Tor and Higger Tor will give you all of the dramatic, rocky countryside that you need.

Excellent. Thanks for that. Sounds great. :)

The Long Mynd in Shropshire, also the Clee Hills with in that area, in Particular Brown Clee Hill, or even The Wrekin

Back