Cast your vote

• Fujifilm X-T2

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Olympus OM-D E M5 II

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Sony a7 II

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
I appreciate that lighting and a tripod should be considered for the best possible results. I'm really limited on time and space so it's really not an option. I just need a massive improvement from what I've already got and something portable thats going to give me that.
Even bounced flash can make a huge difference, especially if it's dark as you say. You'll keep ISO down which will improve detail and quality, and you have an amount of control of the light.

So since someone threw the PEN-F in there I’ve been to have a look and really like the look and feel of that one. It comes with the 17mm 1.8 lens which seemed good enough for what I need.
It’s light enough for me to carry it out and about.
Although I haven’t quite made up my mind, I’m leaning towards this one!
FWIW as a micro 4/3rds user I would look at the Panasonic 25mm F1.7 lens too. The Olympus 25mm was a freebie with the PEN-F until recently :(
The 17mm used up close may look a bit distorted, the Panasonic 25mm focuses at a minimum of 25cm vs 30cm for the Olympus - though a wide angle might be useful with 12" pizza :)

I'm not sure you're going to need everything in the PEN-F - the E-PL8 if you don't want a viewfinder or the E-M10 Mkii if you do are both very capable cameras for a lot less money.

Ive been meaning to ask you what does the EM1 give you that the EM5ii didnt?
More comfortable grip/better balance mainly as I primarily use the 12-40mm. I like the AF and HDR/Bracketing buttons on the top as well.

Back