looking for a mono pod head

Name
chris
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all
im looking for a head to go on my new mono pod (Giottos MML 3260B).
ill be using it for motor sports and wildlife,ill be using a gripped body and a sigma 120-400mm lens.

I`d like to keep it below £35 could anyone recommend me one please ???

thanks chris.

Last edited:
Have a look at Redsnapper, they're on here.

I've always hated a ballhead on a monopod as I only have two hands. A tilt head is much easier to use and the Manfrotto 234RC2 is within your price range.

If you look around you should be able to pick up a tidy Manfrotto 496RC2 for around the £30-40 mark, i did on here a few weeks back, and it should be ample holding your kit, mines solid on a gripped D7000 with a 80-200mm 2.8 lens on the end :)

hollis_f said:
I've always hated a ballhead on a monopod as I only have two hands. A tilt head is much easier to use and the Manfrotto 234RC2 is within your price range.

Spot on, I've never seen the need for anything more than tilt head on a monopod myself.

just orderd the Manfrotto 234RC2

thanks for your help guys :)

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I have a 600 f4, so I dont think the manfrotto would be up to it.

Would anyone recommend the Acratech Long Lens Head? or is there another alternative?

I have the Acratech and, while its pretty good with lighter gear, I'm not too sure how good it would be with a 600mm lens. I also have the RRS Heavy Duty Monopod Head, which is very expensive but as solid as a rock.

I have the Acratech and, while its pretty good with lighter gear, I'm not too sure how good it would be with a 600mm lens. I also have the RRS Heavy Duty Monopod Head, which is very expensive but as solid as a rock.

Another vote for this RRS head, hugely expensive as Frank says but it does inspire confidence when using a heavy setup.

I use a Custom Brackets Tilt head AS. Just as good as RRS mono head but a few quid cheaper and can hold a 600mm easily. WEX do them for £150. Also have their excellent flash bracket that goes with the head.

Last edited:
Back