Looking for a monopod

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Hey everyone,

I have a tripod but am thinking a monopod would be a lot more useful for day to day useage.

Question is which one should I get.

My camera is only a sony a200 so not high end.

I`d be using it for city shooting and general day to day stuff:D

Thanks in advance

I find that a monopod when out and about is vital as a normal tripod is too intrusive and i get the jolly old camera shake sometimes so a Monopod is perfect. I think Jessops do a few nice ones. I'm going to have a look on Saturday.

I have a Red Snapper tripod and i know they do nice monopods so maybe have a look at them: http://www.aldine.co.uk/redsnapper/tripod-monopod-ballhead.html

If you are after something cheap and cheerful then 7dayshop do one for about a tenner that is very compact and light. Ideal for general use with a small camera and lens. I'd recommend something a lot sturdier for larger lenses though but I've used it with a D300 and a 70-200mm with no problems.

Redsnapper as the above reply, a mate of mine bought one only this week with a pan/tilt head for less than £40 delivered, very nice and solid kit.

Make sure the monopod goes high enough to be comfortable.
I'm 6'3" and my Manfrotto monopod is plenty tall enough for me to use without stooping - and it is reassuringly sturdy.

Manfrotto also do a natty monopod head which allows the camera to be flipped to portrait format and the head has a convenient removable plate allowing the camera to be whipped out the bag and snapped straight onto the monopod.

Very happy with mine and feel wanting for nothing.
That's my 2p - Duncan :)

Redsnapper as the above reply, a mate of mine bought one only this week with a pan/tilt head for less than £40 delivered, very nice and solid kit.

Do Redsnapper still give a discount to TP members?

Back