Looking for a printer help and advice required

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening everyone,

I am looking for some advice on a dedicated photo printer. I was thinking about going for an a3 printer but as i have never had a photo printer full stop im not 100% on how much it will be used. I guess at the end of the day if the requirement to start printing a lot of A3 prints i can look at a dedicated A3 one at a later date but for now i dont want to spend huge amounts on something if i dont use it alot. Since i have joined my local photography club the need to print work has increased due to various competitions and show your print evenings.

So the two printers i have been looking at are as follows....

Canon Pixma IP5200 - been out a short while
http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Printers/Bubble_Jet/PIXMA_iP5200/index.asp

and the

Canon Pixma Ip4500 - newly released
http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home/Product_Finder/Printers/Inkjet/PIXMA_iP4500/index.asp

What i am wanting to know is what are peoples thoughts on the above 2 printers? Do any of you own them, if so what are your experiences. Also are there any other printers that you would recomend looking at.

Thanks

Anthony

Anybody any thoughts on these printers at all. I know these questions probably get asked all the time but i have done a good search on the forums and these 2 models dont seem to have been compared or contrasted before?

hi I have recently bought the 4300 which besides the paper size seems the same spec, a great printer and highly recommened on here, hence the reason I went for it,
hope this is of some help

Hi Ant - I can't see the prices for these but I use the Epson 1400 A3 printer & can't fault it - it's amazing for the price. There's been a few threads on this recently - another member wanted advice on the 1400 - he'd found it for £240 - got very good feedback from many members.
Good luck!

I have had a number of Canon printers. The two that you are looking at are pretty good for the money. I am currently using a Canon Pixma iP8500 that is really good and has been no bother for the past few years. The quality is great. I was recently in PC World in Liverpool and they had one on their discounted display without a power lead, everything else was there. I couldn't believe what they were selling it at(£19.98). I bought it and it is working perfectly. I bought my last one a few years ago for about £280.00!!!!

Back