Looking for a range of filters which aren't slim

Edit My Images
No
Slim filters seem to be all the rage these days. I can understand their use with wide angle lenses, but for my new 50mm-upwards lenses I would prefer to buy the conventional ones with enough thread to stop the lens cap from falling off. The more so in the case of one lens that has no bayonet, so requires the lenshood to be supported by the protection filter thread.
I am not familiar with the various brands about, but I've spotted that B+W do 'slim' and 'even slimmer', and most of the Hoya ones are slim too, so far as I can tell. But it is difficult to tell from pictures on the internet.
Could anyone direct me towards a recommended middle-price brand or range that isn't 'slim', please?
Many thanks

Slim filters seem to be all the rage these days. I can understand their use with wide angle lenses, but for my new 50mm-upwards lenses I would prefer to buy the conventional ones with enough thread to stop the lens cap from falling off. The more so in the case of one lens that has no bayonet, so requires the lenshood to be supported by the protection filter thread.
I am not familiar with the various brands about, but I've spotted that B+W do 'slim' and 'even slimmer', and most of the Hoya ones are slim too, so far as I can tell. But it is difficult to tell from pictures on the internet.
Could anyone direct me towards a recommended middle-price brand or range that isn't 'slim', please?
Many thanks
Have a look at the Gobe range. Incidentally, I’ve not experienced problems with standard slimline filters holding lens caps.

Screw in lens cap? Certainly cheaper than a duplicate set of filters... Bit of a pain in the hole though

Back