Looking for a tree in the North West

• Thread starter Deleted member 21335
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21335

Ok, a strange thread I know, but I am looking for a solo tree in the North West and, not being a landscape photographer, I would ask those here who are if you have ever come across one. It needs to be a big, strong tree with a strong, fairly horizontal limb sticking out at about 8 feet+ !

I know the chances are small of anyone here knowing of such a thing, but if you don't ask, you don't know, right? Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Northwest is a BIG area.. can you be more specific?
Lake distrtict for instance.. must have a fair few?

I am happy to travel for the right shot. I am based in Wigan so happy to go anywhere local, Manchester, Liverpool areas etc. Lakes may be a bit far possibly as it's not just me who is involved.

im not from up north but looking at your location .. Haigh Hall Country Park is only up the road.. one way of searching is just google images for the location and see if you spot something.. Its that or just get in the car and drive but i guess its down to what background landscape your looking for too. ( Lake, Mountain/hills , open fields , crop fields, poppies etc ).
quick look on google for Hiagh Hall certainly has some big ol trees there ( and lots more besides )

Loads of solitary trees out toward Settle/Malham way, only about an hour from Wigan I would think.

Thanks chaps. Yes, google is my friend. I have been doing some local wandering but putting a post on here may give me some more clues. Ideally I would like to locate one before I actually go to visit it. :)

016 by bifferd, on Flickr

If this is any good its in the grounds of Lyme Park. The hill this is on leads up to the monument at the top.
Otherwise I'm struggling!

really? F**k me.. time to take a break from TP.

Last edited:
Might be what you're looking for at calke abbey. They have parkland but the trees tend to be spaced out. Not quite north west but its a great place to mooch around and photograph anyway.

Gotta be something at Dunham Massey or Tatton Park!

Back