looking for Aluminium and/or Acrylic mount printing options

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'm wanting to have a few photos printed of some shots I've done recently, but wanting to have them printed on something other than the traditional framed photo, clearly this is more money but that's ok.

I've heard you can get photos printed on Aluminium and also on MDF or Acrylic type boards. I'm not thinking of Canvas at the moment but may in the future.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Simon

Thanks, yes I did come across them. I got an online quote for a foamex photo and my jaw dropped as they were a lot more expensive but then they'll probably be much better quality.

I ordered the sample selection from saal-digital, it has in it samples of acrylic, aluminium foam core and all the others you'd expect. The sample kit is £15 but includes a £15 voucher, so if you go ahead and place an order it is free! Well worth having as you get to see the quality before placing an order. I also ordered the photo paper sample at £5.

Have just order a landscape pano on aluminium from Whitewall - will report back on it when it arrives.
Did you get this ? I have spoken via email to these guys and they seem very helpful I am thinking of ordering an acrylic from them.

Gaz

Whitewall haad a large stand a the photography show - the quality looked excellent.
I use DS Colour Labs for most of my printing requirements. I've used the aluminium prints a few times, especially for black and white, which always look amazing.

Whitewall haad a large stand a the photography show - the quality looked excellent.
I use DS Colour Labs for most of my printing requirements. I've used the aluminium prints a few times, especially for black and white, which always look amazing.
Hiya. Good to know you have seen there stuff. I guess it all depends on the quality of my image making in the end :-(
I use DS Labs too. I have my prints done there and have had a few acrylic blocks from them. Which have been amazing. I have not had a big acrylic done though and they don't seem to do a large enough size (pano). Plus I guess it is good to try somewhere else.

Gaz

Did you get this ? I have spoken via email to these guys and they seem very helpful I am thinking of ordering an acrylic from them.

Gaz

Hi Gaz

Yes, I did and it's come out great. It's a little darker than I expected, but that was my fault for not using the ICC profile correctly! Because of that had to change where we had it hung, as the original intention was for above the fireplace, but that gets very little sun, so looked a bit too flat. Have hung it in the dining room instead, which is onto the south facing garden and when the light hits it now it really glows :)

It really is a beautiful effect for the right image and I would definitely do another through them in the future.

Hiya. Good to know you have seen there stuff. I guess it all depends on the quality of my image making in the end :-(
I use DS Labs too. I have my prints done there and have had a few acrylic blocks from them. Which have been amazing. I have not had a big acrylic done though and they don't seem to do a large enough size (pano). Plus I guess it is good to try somewhere else.

Gaz

One of the impressive things with the whitewall stand was the size of the acrylics or prints under glass that they will do.

It's a little darker than I expected,
I sent my file to them to see what size and media it suited best. Reply came back as matt acrylic as this would give more depth to the image. They brightened it up a midges too and sent it back. Which would have been my next question anyhow as with all my prints I tend to brighten a touch before being printed. Great to hear that you had a good experiance with them.

One of the impressive things with the whitewall stand was the size of the acrylics or prints under glass that they will do.
Sounds good to me :)

Gaz

Just an update and to say thanks for the help. I have ordered from Whitewall a 80x30cm matt acrylic.Fingers crossed the image looks ok.
I'm pretty positive there goods will be great I'm more worried about my image making abilities !!!

Gaz

Just on this subject I temember reading some years ago that you could print from your home printer onto some form of paper or medium that could be put onto an old flat slate!
Can anyone enlighten me on this or possibly has tried it? Iam assuming it is possibly like t shirt printing.

Back