Looking for information on Company Picture Publicity

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all and thankyou for taking your time to read this post. My name is Alex Playle grandson to Douglas Playle who worked for Picture Publicity and the BBC. It may be a long shot I know but I am trying to find out information
to do with Picture Publicity's archives as he passed away last month, I would like to either see or use my grandfathers pictures in a website dedicated to him and his work, as he the one who inspired me into photography, hopefully he can inspire others.

As I said I know it may be a long shot but I am hoping someone here may know something, again thankyou for taking time to read this post, I appreciate any help you can provide.

Alex

Hey wow thanks for taking the time to find that, I have googled so many times i have e-mailed them and will see what happens form there, but if anyone else knows anything all help is much appreciated

Cheers

If you get the site together you'll have to share it with us. Good luck.

Hi all and thankyou for taking your time to read this post. My name is Alex Playle grandson to Douglas Playle who worked for Picture Publicity and the BBC. It may be a long shot I know but I am trying to find out information
to do with Picture Publicity's archives as he passed away last month, I would like to either see or use my grandfathers pictures in a website dedicated to him and his work, as he the one who inspired me into photography, hopefully he can inspire others.

As I said I know it may be a long shot but I am hoping someone here may know something, again thankyou for taking time to read this post, I appreciate any help you can provide.

Alex
Hi Alex, I know this is a really old thread so apologies, but did your grandfather Douglas Playle by any chance do the front cover of this Radio Times Annual for 1954?

https://transdiffusion.org/2022/02/07/the-romance-of-radio-times/

I'm not sure it was actually Radio Times staff but a BBC staff photographer who took it. The inside simply says: “Our cover photograph was taken on June 12 1954, at a gala performance of Café Continental when television announcers and guest artists from eight nations took part.”

I thought it might be either Hugh Tosh or Roynon Raikes, who were staff photographers for the BBC at that time, but Playle has also been mentioned, plus he was a friend of the late Don Smith, the Radio Times's only staff photographer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Alex, I know this is a really old thread so apologies, but did your grandfather Douglas Playle by any chance do the front cover of this Radio Times Annual for 1954?
You won't get a reply the OP was last seen 9 years ago.

You won't get a reply the OP was last seen 9 years ago.
It was admittedly a long shot, much like his original request. Unfortunately, he's my only lead at the moment on this. Maybe he'll see the notification and return, but probably not.

Back