Looking to upgrade my lens

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my Tamron 28-200mm lens to one with a longer zoom.

This is for my Pentax KMK2000. I only started photography a year ago and still learning , so my sights are still on more of a buget lens for the moment.

Any good suggestions?

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my Tamron 28-200mm lens to one with a longer zoom.

This is for my Pentax KMK2000. I only started photography a year ago and still learning , so my sights are still on more of a buget lens for the moment.

Any good suggestions?

What photographic subjects are you interested in?

I learnt the hard way about getting what you pay for with telephoto lenses - when a newbie, I was sold a Tamron by Jessops as "this will be fine for wildlife photography until you want to invest a bit more"...it wasn't great haha. I'd be inclined now to save up for longer for one great lens than get several budget ones

To be honest you would be looking at a minimum 400 IMHO for wildlife. I have a 150-600 sigma for wildlife. Don't waste money get what you need or save up for it

Yeah: that £130 I spent in jessops remains the worse money I spent on photography gear. It was useless. Other lens I've bought and sold on when thy haven't been for me, that lens I felt guilty about selling onto anyone!! I think I threw it in for free when I sold my camera hahah

Back