Beginner Looking yet again for Advice

Name
Roy Newport
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,I do a lot of walking and need a good Camera strap for my Canon 7d mkii and heavy lens,heaviest attached canon 2.8 70-200,I want it to stop as much as possible bouncing around,many thanks.Roy.

Take a look a optech straps they will take a weight off your shoulders and neck :)
Or a Black Rapid style strap is another option.

Last edited:
Look at black rapid had mine for years so easy. Now use it with 7d2 walk for at least 7 km so easy. I have the cargo version

I've always been reluctant to hang a heavy lens off the front of my camera with the strap attached to the camera and I dont like the black rapid type of attachment to the tripod ring foot. I managed to find a cotton carriers harness really cheap on eBay. For me the best way of carrying a camera and lens whilst out walking. Use it for my 1DX and 100-400 and walk miles without any problems.

Black Rapid sling-type strap is the standard answer. Very popular and highly recommended.

With a black rapid if you find the lens is still heavy you can actually cup your hand under the hanging lens,then just find the right lift point so you hardly notice the weight in your hand or on your shoulder.

The black rapid does look well made,I've just bought the canon 2.8 70-200 l lens and I couldn't believe the weight difference from the 70-200 non IS f4,it just shocked me if I'm honest but it's just to heavy for my binoculars straps that I have been using.How do you get on with the switch to tripod from the strap.

With a black rapid if you find the lens is still heavy you can actually cup your hand under the hanging lens,then just find the right lift point so you hardly notice the weight in your hand or on your shoulder.

Surely the idea of using a strap is to keep your hands free?

Surely the idea of using a strap is to keep your hands free?

They are free i can pick my nose scratch my A, in fact do anything i want including take a little of the lens weight;)

The black rapid does look well made,I've just bought the canon 2.8 70-200 l lens and I couldn't believe the weight difference from the 70-200 non IS f4,it just shocked me if I'm honest but it's just to heavy for my binoculars straps that I have been using.How do you get on with the switch to tripod from the strap.

I dont if i use the tripod the lens is fixed to it and the tripod goes on my shoulder,just bought one of these to help my old bones stand the pressure http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121585976291?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

They are free i can pick my nose scratch my A, in fact do anything i want including take a little of the lens weight;)

Still seems pretty pointless having a strap that cannot support the weight comfortably so that you have to help it out

There are 101 ways of doing this, some proprietary, some DIY or a bit of both. Search on here or google

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...bm=isch&q=black+rapid+strap+arca+swiss+tripod

Last edited:
I use the Black Rapid Sport with my D750 and 70-200mm f2.8 (and 150-600mm) and find it very good. You're not going to stop it swinging completely with the quick release clasps help.

Back