Looks like bad news for slides

yikes...

read the thread but unsure as to whether it was genuine or not......sincerely hope not

The thread seems to be inconclusive, as with all Fuji discontinuation threads that ever seem to appear.

The thread seems to be inconclusive, as with all Fuji discontinuation threads that ever seem to appear.

Agree, we are definitely at the rumour stage with this one, but I don't think it's in the OP's interests to make it up: he's a regular contributor to the I Shoot Film group on Flickr, and seems well connected in Fuji.

There have been a number of discontinuation rumours for Fuji over the years, but I think they have all come true at some point shortly after, sadly.

Last edited:
As said the information is so fragmented that I am going to dismiss it for the minute - 100F has been discontinued in all formats for quite a few months for instance yet he has '100F 135/36' listed as gone. I'm going to wait for the official notice before I believe anything.

As said the information is so fragmented that I am going to dismiss it for the minute - 100F has been discontinued in all formats for quite a few months for instance yet he has '100F 135/36' listed as gone. I'm going to wait for the official notice before I believe anything.

That could be were the possible confusion comes from - the supplier may have misunderstood that 100F was no longer available and just applied it to all Velvia.

Well, this is what I am hoping.

If it's true then it's sad as I was starting to enjoy shooting Precisa and apparently that is a rebadged Fuji offering :(

Maybe now Ilford will pull their fingers out and start making colour neg and slide films....

I wish :D

If it's true then it's sad as I was starting to enjoy shooting Precisa and apparently that is a rebadged Fuji offering :(

Maybe now Ilford will pull their fingers out and start making colour neg and slide films....

I wish :D

H'mm IIRC correctly..... in the past Ilford colour neg films were inferior to Kodak.

Yes, I've just shot my first roll of Agfa Precisa, second half of the Chester film meet... and I like it! Pics soon. I think I'm going after a 10-pack.

Meanwhile, I've ordered 5 Ektachrome 100S and 5 Ektachrome 200 from the four corner store... total of $110 including delivery, which feels a lot until you look at Provia prices! They've run out of 100VS; I used to really like Ektachrome back in the day, so I thought I'd try some of the newer stuff before it's gone for ever. I was daft and missed out on the last stocks of Sensia...

Was a bit shocked to be charged £5.20 yesterday to send off two slide films to the Fuji lab at Warwick. Can't help but think Postman Pat's rip off postage charges for a roll of film are another nail in slide films coffin.

David, if you mean hat your postal charges were £5.20, that doesn't sound right. I've been getting several films for £3.00 first class (small packet, I think)... It's still a lot, and I'm thinking of testing whether I can get them for large letter rate without the pot (just wrappedin foil, then in a padded bag)...

:bang::bang::bang: I hope not

though guess its time to buy a dedicated freezer:bonk:

Some doubt now at the end of the thread...though still inconclusive. Sorry if I helped fuel a fire here :bonk:.

Oh well, as long as one can't drag the other down.

Yeah this is pretty bad reporting. I reckon Ilford film will be available long after we're all gone!

Yeah this is pretty bad reporting. I reckon Ilford film will be available long after we're all gone!

Yep...I seem to recall Ilford film announcing a new plant not long ago to make their own film cannisters....evidence of confidence in the future.

I have jut put a call into my contact at Fujifilm UK, but he was unavailable. However, it's always difficult to find out what is really going on at Fuji - for example, here are some films that we were told were discontinued once already (over the past 24 months) but continue to be available, from new stock:

FP3000B instant - still fresh new stocks. Still on the official list from fuji.
Superia 400 120 format - again, still getting fresh stocks, but 2 years ago we were told it was discontinued.
Velvia 100F - latest list from fuji (May 2013) it is still a current product

The problem is that they are quite inpenetrable in terms of getting firm information.

I will report back if/when I get more information.

I have jut put a call into my contact at Fujifilm UK, but he was unavailable. However, it's always difficult to find out what is really going on at Fuji - for example, here are some films that we were told were discontinued once already (over the past 24 months) but continue to be available, from new stock:

FP3000B instant - still fresh new stocks. Still on the official list from fuji.
Superia 400 120 format - again, still getting fresh stocks, but 2 years ago we were told it was discontinued.
Velvia 100F - latest list from fuji (May 2013) it is still a current product

The problem is that they are quite inpenetrable in terms of getting firm information.

I will report back if/when I get more information.

Thanks. Would be great to hear this from a reliable source like yourself.

Here is the definitive from Fujifilm UK - I spoke to my contact there, who buys and deals with all Film products, for a good half an hour this morning.

No threat to:

Velvia 50 35mm
Velvia 50 120

Velvia 100 35mm
Velvia 100 120
Velvia 100 4x5"

Provia 100F 35mm
Provia 100F 120
Provia 100F 4x5"
Provia 100F 10x8"

Already Gone, but some stocks still available:

Velvia 100F 35mm / 120 / 4x5"
Velvia 50 5x4"

Under Threat:

Provia 400X 35mm
Provia 400X 120

Furthermore, Fujifilm Japan continue to supply the German marketing company with rights to the Agfa Photo name, with the Agfa Precisa and there are no threats to this at this time, currently selling very well and we have a consignment due soon.

The Flickr page referred to at the head of this thread is someone quoting the demise of 100F and Velvia 50 5x4", which happened last year!

It should also be remembered that Fuji continue to market their superb instax range of cameras and films which offer a very reliable and economical alternative to the polaroid.

There have been, on more than one occasion, statements made at presidential level in Fujifilm about commitment to traditional photography, and this is quite significant, so, even if we see range diminish, I do believe that commitment will continue. But to be honest, the only reason there were 3 types of Velvia was an accident of history anyway (they killed Velvia 50 and replaced it with 100. Then they reintroduced 50, but kept the 100, so we had 50, 100 and 100F)

One final, interesting fact, is that Photography (digital and traditional, and photofinishing, paper) now accounts for only something like 15-20% of Fuji's worldwide business. They are involved in all kinds of other things, like anti-aging face cream for example!

https://www.astalift.co.uk/home - this is a Fujifilm product, and supplied by Fujifilm in Bedford for the UK

see here:

https://www.astalift.co.uk/our-company

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
(y)

Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks for that Matt, clears up any confusion.

Andy

Awesome news, thanks for the clarification! You have made me very happy.

I he only ever used one roll of Provia 400, may try it again before it possibly goes.

Very much appreciated, thanks, and generally good news too, except for Provia 400 (which I do like).

Back