Loony Biker

well caught bob..(y)

md(y)

Thanks guys,
I'm not sure of the percentage of crop,it was hardly at all.I was only a few feet away.Heres the original frame..

NKN_3971frame.jpg

Unfortunately Id only just got my D200 at the time and I had shooting speed priority set instead of focus priority in the auto focus menu,so Ive a bag full of softish ones.
Thats how you learn I suppose.
Thanks for the feedback.

How do you know his name's Bob? :D

Cracking capture you must be well chuffed with it.

Mike

That's very very good Bob, well done.

Unfortunately Id only just got my D200 at the time and I had shooting speed priority set instead of focus priority in the auto focus menu,so Ive a bag full of softish ones.

Nice shot, though can you please elaborate on this particular setting, as i have the D200 and have not come across it...

Thanks

JB

Lovely shot Bob!

I personally prefere the original pre-cropped frame. He seems a little more "in the middle of nowhere". If you know what I mean.

Nicely caught indeed! I'd like to have seen some foreground just to appreciate the height he must have been at. The skyscape is a really nice backdrop too.

Very nice.

Oversize picture and it has an engine so I moved it to motorsports and broke the picture to a link (sorry ;) ).

Great picture! Ask him if he can point and look at the camera next time :LOL:

Nice shot, though can you please elaborate on this particular setting, as i have the D200 and have not come across it...

Thanks

JB

Hi,
yeah, in the auto focus section of the menu theres an option to set the camera to either prioritise for maximum frames per second (FPS Rate), frames per second and auto focus (FPS Rate+AF) and perfect focus (Focus) when using the camera in AF-C mode.
In other words,when its set to "FPS Rate" the camera fires at 5fps regardless of whether its in focus or not.
When its set to "FPS Rate+AF" mode the frame rate slows for improved focus but ultimately will still fire when not perfectly focused.
And obviously when in "Focus" mode the camera wont fire unless perfectly focused.

menu/(a)Autofocus/(a1) AF-C Mode Priority/ "FPS Rate" or "FPS Rate + AF" or "Focus".

I had it set to "FPS Rate" which is the default setting. :bonk:

Back