Lost all my bookmarks!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure what happened but all my bookmarks (of which there were many) have disappeared from my browser. Including TP.

I am with BT and have had no problems like this before. Has anyone any idea as to why this may have happened and if I can get them back.

Cheers.

Chris :)

Saying what operating system and what browser might help ;)

On a side note- Xmarks for firefox is an awesome bookmark "keeper". Use it on my 4 machines, bookmark once, use it anywhere.

I've seen BT blamed for many things, mostly quite rightly :D, but I don't think you can blame your isp for this :D

Exactly the same thing happened to me last night on my BT Yahoo browser, they've just vanished. It doesn't seem to store them on the computer (or if it does they're very well hidden).

I ended up using internet explorer, loading the BT Yahoo toolbar, logging in, and then accessing my bookmarks that way. It's very clunky but at least I can still get them. It's probably easier doing that though than negotiating your way through the useless BT customer service 'help'line. :eek:

I've seen BT blamed for many things, mostly quite rightly :D, but I don't think you can blame your isp for this :D

:LOL: I wasn't blaming BT it is just that it is the BT browser that I use.

Sorry RobertP in my own head it was clear but not anyone elses:) Operating system is XP.

Its as happened with viewfromthenorth.

I will have a play later and see if that works for me.

you are not alone, for I am here with you......Though you're far away, I am here to stay..... :whistle:

http://community.bt.com/t5/Broadban...5;jsessionid=E2D344E31BFA930753D942D4052A6567

For the record, I hate BT as an ISP. My bad for signing up in the shop.

G.

Thanks Gary,

I've never had a problem before but this has done my head in :bonk:

I had loads of really useful bookmarks that just disappeared. I will have to get bt to sort it out if they can be bothered getting back to me.

Sounds like they are gone. I presume one of two things happened. They store the bookmarks on a bookmark server, and this has lost its connection / been discontinued OR they updated your browser and wiped all your bookmarks.

You could try a system restore to a week ago? Will only help if they were indeed local to you...

G.

Works across multiple browsers too :)

Aye I use lastpass, which enables you to do this, very handy.

I used to have a problem where my firefox browser would crash and all my bookmarks/settings would be deleted.

Me too, I did exactly the same as viewfromthenorth, better than nothing

Probably did me a favour because had so many that i didn't use anyway

I like to use Roboform which logs you in automatically so if i ever lose bookmarks it's backed up in one file thats easily transferred to disk. it's cheap to buy/download.

Back