lost camera in Cambridge on 4th August

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, my first posting and it is to ask any members in the Cambridge area to keep an eye out for a lost Canon Eos 60D with a 18-35mm lensed a BG-E9 battery pack in a grey carry case, it does have a low shutter count.
it was left behind in a taxi when we were dropped off at the station on Saturday 4th August after a day out celebrating my wife 60th birthday with the Family.
I have left details with the Taxi company's that pick people up from the taxi ranks, which is why we cannot identify which cab picked us up. Also the local constabulary has a lost property office which you can only reach on a lucky dip when phoning them. the cabbies are meant to drop off any lost property within 48hrs but somebody might have picked it up when he picked up the next fare and they might try and sell it.
There is a reward as this was my first proper camera and i would like it back! here's hoping.

Welcome to TP NH1959 and I do hope you get it back, but realistically I reckon someone else will be using it now sadly.

Hi , Thank you. but there is always hope! and maybe an honest person out there?

Welcome.
Worth checking the local free ads, do you have a local facebook selling page, and the local shops like CEX.

Keep an eye on Ebay too for anything in the area, also worth notifying the camera shop in Kings Parade.
They buy used gear and someone could take it in there trying to sell it, assume you have serial numbers?

I'm local and will keep an eye on the local ads, CEX up near the Grafton is another place worth keeping an eye on.
Good luck in getting it back

Hi and welcome to TP

Hope you manage to get your camera back - there are a few honest soles about - I found a full bag of shopping from Musto on Thursday that someone had left by the side of a bench - handed it in to the shop opposite and also found the Musto shop and informed them, so fingers crossed they came back for it and found it and hoping the same for you and your camera (y)

Hi yes I do have the original box and the serial numbers. No numbers on the battery grip though. Been back today to troll through the second hand shops you recommended but no luck, am going to put a claim on the house insurance. So even though I loved the 60d but might upgrade to get the Wi-fi .

Update on the lost 60D, Cambridge Parkside Police station do not answer the phone at all, trying to get any updates is impossible. Had to pay them a visit in person also trolled the second hand shops with the serial number in hope. But to no avail and now awaiting decision from my House insurance assessors BeValued on what they deem an equilivantly specked Camera, problem is I’ve got spare batteries that only fit that range. Will have to wait and see what happens there.

Hi all, Update on my Lost Camera, no it has not been returned. But great news! my Insurance claim has been granted, the nearest camera to the trusted 60D is a 80D. after handing over my excess i've been given the E-vouchers for the camera with lens kit and all the other bits I lost.
Once I get used to it will get out and about playing with it.
My faith in the insurance assessors has been misjudged and BeValued has come through, mind you it did take a few calls to both them and the RSA to sort it out but alls well that ends well.
I will still be keeping an eye out for a dodgy Taxi driver selling camera on eBay though!

As a new member myself, I had borrowed a canon 40D while my 5D mk2 was being serviced, but on a visit to Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, towards the end of the day I went to move my benbo with camera mounted with my sigma 150 macro on, so someone else could take a picture, as I moved away to start putting out of my prefferal vision I saw movement and froze on the spot with arm stretched and just couldn't move as the Benbo toppled over, only the lens was damaged, I had my camera gear insured for all risk on my house insurance with TSB and found them very good and quick in dealing with my claim, they also used BeValued. so top marks to them.

Back