Lost in London

Amazing, all your photos are outstanding. My nephew worked on the Shard with the other hundreds of workers but seeing it in your photos makes me realise what a wonderful structure it really is. Young man, I think you are a very good photographer.

Yup, #1, #2 and #3 work for me.

Cool tones of #1 against the warm lights in the building and the reflection works well.

As a fan of Alexey Titarenko, #2 is one I really like. I might like a few more people in it, and the symmetry seems a little off, maybe it's the bridge, though. The footpath is level but side hand rails are a little off.

#3, I like the angle, has a real apocalyptic feel to it.

#4, is fine but highlights are blown.

I don't particularly care if they have been done before, you haven't done them before. I understand that it's good to do different, but not always.

Keep it up (y)

Cheers.

It's a great set, lovely processing and everything is well seen. #3 is really really good. I love shots with movement in them, you've captured it well with the people and boats etc. #1 also stands out.

:clap:

Cheers mate, really pleased you like them :)

Amazing, all your photos are outstanding. My nephew worked on the Shard with the other hundreds of workers but seeing it in your photos makes me realise what a wonderful structure it really is. Young man, I think you are a very good photographer.

That's very kind of you, but the shard doesn't actually appear in any of these :confused: although the last one was shot from it.

Yup, #1, #2 and #3 work for me.

Cool tones of #1 against the warm lights in the building and the reflection works well.

As a fan of Alexey Titarenko, #2 is one I really like. I might like a few more people in it, and the symmetry seems a little off, maybe it's the bridge, though. The footpath is level but side hand rails are a little off.

#3, I like the angle, has a real apocalyptic feel to it.

#4, is fine but highlights are blown.

I don't particularly care if they have been done before, you haven't done them before. I understand that it's good to do different, but not always.

Keep it up (y)

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback there chap.. I did struggle with exposing properly when shooting up like I did, need some more experience in that regard (well as well as shooting architecture and street as whole to be honest). Many thanks for the encouragement :)

I love these images. From what I thought would have been a mostly black and white affair was full of colour and just worked. I'd never be brave enough to go for any colour on shots like this. Superb effort! The first and birds eye of the water are fantastic!

Well to be honest, fast moving cars are far more interesting when they are... well... moving! As such to be a successful Motorsport photographer you have to get a bit creative. Interesting composition, slow shutter speeds and clever use of reflections are "tricks" of the trade I often see when flicking through F1 magazine; and I saw the link with these images here.

Thanks very much, I'd never really thought about it like that but yes I guess there is a degree of looking at things through that lens (excuse the terrible pun)

Really nice set, reflects that part of town.
The best one is 30 St Mary Axe, nice idea and works for me, the others are perspectives I have seen before.
But that said, how many images of London are taken each day, let alone week! So getting a new angle is very hard.

A nice set that takes a different approach to well trodden areas of London. Not much to add to what everyone has said.
If I had to choose, it would be the Tower Bridge shot, it looks more like an abstract painting.
Thanks for sharing.

Really nice set, thoroughly enjoyed looking through them! Well done!

Really nice set, reflects that part of town.
The best one is 30 St Mary Axe, nice idea and works for me, the others are perspectives I have seen before.
But that said, how many images of London are taken each day, let alone week! So getting a new angle is very hard.

Cheers, really appreciate the feedback :)

Just love these photos

Thanks chap

A nice set Jonathan.

Always gotta take the "classic" shots first. No point coming away with lots of new compositions that don't work. Once you have the classics done well you can then look for something new.

Haha high praise judging by your stuff, I dont get down to London enough to really get better at this sort of thing.. it was all new to me, I think id have to invest a lot more time in a considered approach if I go again.

A nice set that takes a different approach to well trodden areas of London. Not much to add to what everyone has said.
If I had to choose, it would be the Tower Bridge shot, it looks more like an abstract painting.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much, it seems some are at least less common than others but its interesting to hear everyones point of view.. as I say, I had no idea what I was doing - so I guess just got a bit lucky with a few of them :D

beautiful photos...

Cheers :)

Really nice set, thoroughly enjoyed looking through them! Well done!

Thanks, I appreciate that :)

i really like the last two, they just work, interesting take on common to see shots, thank you for sharing them

First one is the nuts, well seen and nicely processed to suit.

Back