Lost my Bug Hunting ability

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Not having a lot of luck finding new bugs in the garden, sure there was plenty more this time last year.

But here is what I did find.. Venus 60mm + Flash Diffused

1. Spider with water bubble ---- Thought it was food of some sort but it was very protective of it and keep moving away from me and camera best angle I could get

IMG_6385
by bthomas124, on Flickr

2. Fly catch --- I will one day get a close up shot of a spider and prey.

IMG_6398
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_6399
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_6384
by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. Spiderlings still doing ok ... hoping that they will attract some long tailed tits but haven't yet.

IMG_6405
by bthomas124, on Flickr

6. Like the shed effect in the background over the other one on flickr

IMG_6402
by bthomas124, on Flickr

7. Bye for now

IMG_6386
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated

:ty:

Some good shots Bryn, with #4, #5, #6, & #7 being the pick of the batch for me.(y)

#1, & #3, have good composition and some nice detail but the lighting for me looks a little harsh and they appear a tad overexposed.

#2, doesn't push any buttons for me.

George.

Love the little yellow spiders, great work.

Thanks neil

Some good shots Bryn, with #4, #5, #6, & #7 being the pick of the batch for me.(y)

#1, & #3, have good composition and some nice detail but the lighting for me looks a little harsh and they appear a tad overexposed.

#2, doesn't push any buttons for me.

George.

Thanks for your comment George much appreciated. Exposure looks ok from here.

1 & 4 for me! All look ok here exposure wise. Give it a week or two and we should have plenty more subjects when hopefully this cold spell has gone.

1 & 4 for me! All look ok here exposure wise. Give it a week or two and we should have plenty more subjects when hopefully this cold spell has gone.

thank you sorry maybe should be more specific only in my garden I'm having trouble finding anything new. In the woods next to my house there is plenty out there.

Just don't get as much time to go to woods so garden gets me by just not this year so far.

as usual brilliant shots but once again your knack for finding the ugliest bugs rules supreme :banana:

as usual brilliant shots but once again your knack for finding the ugliest bugs rules supreme :banana:

Like the Spider in #1 , woodlouse and the springtail as images in themselves. (y) Others interesting to see the insects, but not interesting to me as an image so to speak. :sorry:

Got my skin crawling here bryn!

Nowt wrong with them m8.

Paul.

Some decent shots there :), i really must get out and do some bug hunting myself>

Thanks all... still not having much luck guess I'm getting out at the wrong time of day... already arranged with the wife that I can go on a couple of rare butterflies hunts that inhabit my local woods/chalk hills. So fingers crossed :D

Back