Lost my mojo

Just thought I’d share todays experience as it adds to my previous statement and how it has helped me.

Today we decided to take a family walk to an area which is naturally stunning. That is Dovedale near Ashbourne in Derbyshire. It was mainly a family stroll to clear the festive cobwebs, however as I have previously mentioned as always I took my camera, this time all I had was a 16-35mm f4. It was a stunning day with amazing scenery, its an area thats hard not to be wowed, anyway I probably took about a dozen photos and in the main they were very “meh”, the sun was starting to drop so there were some very extreme DR issues, but anywayI git what I got. From checking now, I was very uninspired which I was expecting as I didn’t really have time to compose and do the area justice, but what I did do, what made some mental notes of the area for future reference. The area has inspired me to go back on my own with tripod and filters and see what happens. Anyway this was the best I got. Personally I am not happy with the processing (quickly done in LR CC-iPad) but its given me ideas for the future.

Dovedale by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Anyway, there is is a point to my ramblings and that is, by going out with the sole purpose of enjoying the Peak District countryside and spend time with the family, I managed 1 OK-ish shot, however it has inspired me to go out on my own, early in the morning on an actual photo shoot. Therefore found a whole heap of mojo :)

Great idea and thanks for sharing - must be great living so close to a beautiful part of the country. Look forward to seeing future pictures.

The point about seeing what's around you is a very good one. I went out to photograph Bicester village from a bridge (not very successful) but on the way noticed some crows congregated in a field. Stopping and wandering about got me this:

New Year's Eve Party by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

I generally find my least successful trips are when I try to find an image, and my most successful when I notice a picture as I'm passing by.

Back