Lost tripod - Curbar Gap

I haven't lost my tripod, but what does the above note mean? How will it help anyone contact the finder? I don't understand it.

I haven't lost my tripod, but what does the above note mean? How will it help anyone contact the finder? I don't understand it.

Presumably means the email address is that of the finder or someone holding it so it can be reclaimed.

Last edited:

It was a sign on the parking machine at Curbar Gap car park. It’s possible the person who’s lost the tripod, like me, isn’t local and probably won’t go back and see the sign so I took a photo and posted it on here hoping the person who lost the tripod may be a member on here and see this thread.

The sign says lost tripod with an email address to contact. The tripod owner can email and confirm the make and model to the person who found it, then arrange to get it back.

I think it’s great that someone has picked it up and is trying to get it back to the owner rather than just selling it on eBay for a bit of cash. It makes me think there is still good in people.

I wouldn’t put my mobile number up on a sign as you don’t know what idiots out there would do. An email address like maxpower06@msn.com is much easier to replace than a mobile number. emails are much easier to ignore than your phone ringing all night!

I've just double checked my tripod is in the cupboard as I was up at Curbar earlier in the week!
Good to see someone go to the effort of reuniting the owner with his gear.

I didn't realise that it was an email address. It doesn't look like any email address I have ever seen.
Sorry.

Back