Lotus/Caterham Seven

Name
Simon (Prefer 'Si')
Edit My Images
No
We had EIGHTY-FIVE Lotus/Caterham Sevens parked up along the prom here in Aber this afternoon. Lovely looking cars but bloody impossible to shoot with a clean background so this was the best I could do.

I don't normally do selective colouring (colour-popping) so I expect to get flamed for that! ;)

C+C welcome as always.
Cheers,
Si

7D_03423ver2tp.jpg

Not usually a fan of selective colour, but it works here - a definite 'wow'-factor.

IMO, the selective colour effect is lost a little with the reflections along the side of the car and I'm not keen on the yellow fringe where the blue comes to the nose of the car.

IMO, the selective colour effect is lost a little with the reflections along the side of the car and I'm not keen on the yellow fringe where the blue comes to the nose of the car.

Hi John,

That's not a 'yellow fringe'... It's the actual colour of the trim between the blue and the silver. I can see where you're coming from though. :)

Thanks to everyone for the comments. As I said, selective colouring isn't one of my favourite techniques but like everything else, there's a time and place for it. :)

Best wishes,
Si

Looks good to me, I think the fake DOF could fade in a little so its not so obvious

Very nice motor though, and what a superb turnout! :)

Wow... thanks for that! Very helpful! :thinking:

What would have done instead? You're quite welcome to mess about with my image if you want. :)

Cheers,
Si

mmmmm not sure it does it for me mate, like the idea, but ??? just doesn't seem to do it, sorry

But what an awesome sight that must have been, 85 of them - I know what it's like if I got together with a couple of others and park up, so 85 of them must have been a real sight. (y)

Last edited:
I had my first go at group car shots with busy backgrounds last week (Ace Cafe Lotus and TVR night) and didn't end up with anything close to this. Well done.

P.s. I love Caterhams.

i think the selective colour works well in this instance
have you got any more shots? i bet 85 in a row was quite a sight

Back